Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am strugling with getting use to using the cruise control. Has anyone else found it took some getting use to?

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,900 Posts
Wouldn't have a bike without it now that I have had the pleasure of using it for years.

·
Kicking Rocks...
11,145 Posts
Getting used to how?

·
Kicking Rocks...
11,145 Posts
My 99 with cruise has never failed me...

·
Registered
11,726 Posts
Trusting the safeties will work when it has to be disengaged quickly. Giving up control even with the safeties.
Ever had that problem with cruise in your car? Probably won't ever have it with your bike, either. Don't worry so much. If it ever jams on you just head towards the grassy side of the road and jump off.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
As was mentioned, as you became comfortable with the cruise control in your car, you will become comfortable with cruise control on your bike. Give it a little time and you will truly cherish having it as an option.

·
Rider
1,541 Posts
I'd give up all the other buzzers and whistles on the bike BUT my cruise control. Thats the best thing on the bike.

It works easy and flawless and just like it does on your car.

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,117 Posts
I'll never forget noticing the bike had cruise when I bought it, thought to myself "what am I gonna use that for?" I use it all the time. You'll get over the feeling that your locking your throttle real soon, just give it time.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Go riding on a road with no other vehicles around and set your cruise control on. Then twist your throttle forward, cruise will turn off. Touch front brake, cruise will turn off. Touch rear brake, cruise will turn off. Pull in clutch lever, cruise will turn off. Works just as nice as cars.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Trusting the safeties will work when it has to be disengaged quickly. Giving up control even with the safeties.
Webbie68,
I just noticed in your profile that you have a 2002 fatboy. If this is the bike you still have it does not have cruise control, it only has a throttle lock. A throttle lock gets set just tight enough to put a slight drag on it so it can still be easily be turned to the Idle position. Throttle locks do not really have any safety features.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have to admit that I had my Ultra 2 years before I ever tried the cruise. I use it a lot now, absolutely a good thing to have .

·
Registered
556 Posts
I wish there was a cruise control kit for the Sportster 1200 C. I had one on my Gold Wing and installed a custom one on a Burgman 650 Exec. I love em. Throttle locks just don't get it.

·
Registered
12,846 Posts
When all else fails, hit kill switch.........

·
Registered
57 Posts
I don't have a cruise on my bike, just the thumb screw throttle lock, and I love it. It's nice to be able to relax just that much more on a long ride. As for safety, you still have full control, you just have to twist a little rather then just let go... Though I'd take real cruise over that any day.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Webbie68,
I just noticed in your profile that you have a 2002 fatboy. If this is the bike you still have it does not have cruise control, it only has a throttle lock. A throttle lock gets set just tight enough to put a slight drag on it so it can still be easily be turned to the Idle position. Throttle locks do not really have any safety features.
Need to change my profile 03 Ultra

1 - 20 of 42 Posts