Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Curmudgeon
7,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 XL1200L with 412 shocks, Dyna all stock witch one rides smoother and handles better. I'm realy thinking of trading my sporty in for the dyna in the spring.

·
Banned
655 Posts
I have a Sportster 1200XL Custom and most people I know - that trade "up" go to the Dyna and then of course the Heritage - Dresser. But I hear that the Dyna rides way better - the width of the seat bothers me - the Sportster is perfect for me. But people love to tell me to "upgrade" to a Dyna. "You will love it....." I love my Sportster. Probably no help. LOL

·
Old Member
2,896 Posts
Dyna is smoother and handles better.

Not so top heavy.

·
Road Glide
348 Posts
Why is this a dumb question ?
I'm 6'4" and about 215 pounds, I find Sporty's a little top heavy and V Rods aquward to push around because of the head angle. Dyna's are very under estimated bikes, a little lighter than Softails and have the rubber mounted motor. I wouldn't hesitate to recomend one, but I'd also look at Softails. Bike's like the Heritage or DeLuxe handle well and seem to fit anyone from 5'2" to 6'6" and they have a very low centre of gravity. Go to a dealer and get a test ride on several, even if you have to rent one.

·
Git 'er done
400 Posts
...Go to a dealer and get a test ride on several, even if you have to rent one.
There is your answer.

I'm fatter than 88b :) 6'2" and 215 lbs (no wait, it's all muscle!!). I love my Dyna (2006 Wide Glide). Knew I wanted it the first time I rode it on a demo day.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Might be due to the riders height. 6'4" is pretty tall for a sporty. I felt cramped when I had my sporty. And I am only 5'10". Any tall people with sporties, whats your thoughts on this?

·
SNAFU organizer
4,127 Posts
Might be due to the riders height. 6'4" is pretty tall for a sporty. I felt cramped when I had my sporty. And I am only 5'10". Any tall people with sporties, whats your thoughts on this?
You got to have the forwd controls if ya dont want to be kneeling behind the pew all the time. Dont know that its top heavy but slow speed turns are alot more ackward. Cant figure that either seems to be raked just like my Ultra.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts