Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Asylum Inmate
12,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have gone from the stock Dunlops to two sets of Avons, and last summer to Dunlop American Elites.

Been riding with the sanded corners here for a few weeks now. I have to say the tread pattern on the American Elites is holding sandy corners very well.

If I can get 10K out of them (I ride two up with gear 75 percent of the time in 100 F heat) I think this will be the tire for the FLSTFB for good. If they only go 6K I will go back to the Avon Cobras.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I run the American Dunlop Elites on my FLSTF and really like them. They seem to me to corner better than the HD stock. You may be pushing it a little if you expect to get 10K out of them. I have had 2 sets and get 7K to 8K. But that's not to say you can't get the
10K you want. I guess all depends on riding style.

·
South GA *******
3,898 Posts
I would think you could get well over 10k out of the American elite. I have one on the rear of my SG and have about 9k on it and it still has lots of life left in it.

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,388 Posts
Ive got any where from 9-14k on the 3 sets i have had on my ultra classics. The 9 was mostly in town afyer dad past and didnt go on any thing longer then 200 miles both ways. Mainly 20 mile commutes to work and backroads on the weekends. 14 was alot of highway, long distance backroads, and such
AE's are good tires

1 - 6 of 6 Posts