Harley Davidson Forums banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

old scoot coot
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
All right! Was glad to read it as I know zero FI HD to help. Ask me about beamers volvo or Mercedes FI or CIS 馃槅 Can tell u computer problems from hell. Guys here know their S$!t! Tc tommy
yep. poo. i didn't want to believe it was the tunner. only a year old and i have one on the 14 ultra too. 馃槩

Registered
Mr. James
yep. poo. i didn't want to believe it was the tunner. only a year old and i have one on the 14 ultra too. 馃槩
Dang, that sux! I have the Cobra Power Pro Black on my VTX and it is a piggy-back system. It works awesome and the power increase is tremendous on that bike. I hope it never goes bad but I know that if it does what yours did, it's coming off fast.

old scoot coot
Discussion Starter · #45 · (Edited)
Dang, that sux! I have the Cobra Power Pro Black on my VTX and it is a piggy-back system. It works awesome and the power increase is tremendous on that bike. I hope it never goes bad but I know that if it does what yours did, it's coming off fast.
what do you mean piggy back? i was thinking about the power pro black(auto) to replace this adjustable. i had the power pro on my 14 it lasted 50,000 before failing, that's reasonable. when it failed it just kept kicking codes tha said the o2 sensors were bad. they were known to be good. it still ran ok but i thought i'd better replace it before something worse happened.

Registered
Mr. James
what do you mean piggy back? i was thinking about the power pro black(auto) to replace this adjustable. i had the power pro on my 14 it lasted 50,000 before failing, that's reasonable. when it failed it just kept kicking codes tha said the o2 sensors were bad. they were known to be good. it still ran ok but i thought i'd better replace it before something worse happened.
A piggy-back tuner hooks up to the fuel injectors with wiring that connects the tuner and injectors together. It basically alters the signal from the ECM. Non piggy-back tuners hook directly to the ECM like the DynoJet Power Vision I have on my Deluxe.

Registered
Mr. James
You would get better results with the Dyno Jet Power Vision than that Cobra tuner. I use the Cobra one on my Honda because the ECM is locked and you can't adjust it.

Reactions: Kainam

old scoot coot
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
All right! Was glad to read it as I know zero FI HD to help. Ask me about beamers volvo or Mercedes FI or CIS 馃槅 Can tell u computer problems from hell. Guys here know their S$!t! Tc tommy
i still believe fuel injection is one of engineering's greatest gifts to mankind. cars and trucks especially. no one puts tunners on them. i just can't leave a harley stock. i gotta have me that harley sound from days gone by.! 馃槑

old scoot coot
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
A piggy-back tuner hooks up to the fuel injectors with wiring that connects the tuner and injectors together. It basically alters the signal from the ECM. Non piggy-back tuners hook directly to the ECM like the DynoJet Power Vision I have on my Deluxe.
do you like the power vision? i look at those on line today but didn't know if i could get it programed. i don't have aftermarket exhaust, i just stripped mine out inside and made up some extensions to get rid of the fugly hd tapered slash backs on the ends . i should be ready to bail on the cobra tunners but i'm a heartbeat away from ordering another plug and play like your cobra. i got fifty thousand miles out of that one on my 14. so how do you adjust the power vision? it said there were choices of air cleaners and exhausts to chose to make the map. mine won't be on that list so i was wondering if you could bump the mixture up and down manually with it.

old scoot coot
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
ok, the adjustable cobra is piggy back too. i also thought about trying another one of those. but limited service i got with that one discourages me.

Registered
Tommy, give the folks at Fuel Moto a call, and they will fix you up, and provide support after the sale.

old scoot coot
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
ok, the adjustable cobra is piggy back too. i also thought about trying another one of those. but limited service i got with that one discourages me.
does the power vision leave the original map in ecm. could ya just unplug it if it went south out on the road?

Registered
Tommy, Power Vision is a Dyna Jet product, Fuel Moto is a dealer and has a ton of information and dyno runs to validate their info.

Reactions: tommytailspin

Registered
Mr. James
does the power vision leave the original map in ecm. could ya just unplug it if it went south out on the road?
The Power Vision holds 8 maps in it's memory, plus your original tune. It connects directly to the ECM and you can switch maps on the side of the road. Very convenient. It changes what the ECM is doing much like when the dealer hooks up to do stuff. You can leave it connected and then mount the unit on your handlebar so you can see what is going on with your engine. It is very cool to see all that info. You can unplug it and just ride that way as well. The original map is stored in the Power Vision when you connect it the first time. You can always reinstall it anytime you want to.

Reactions: tommytailspin

old scoot coot
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
you know way more than most of us. the principle is the same. the tunners just complicate it more. thanks for your input ak.

old scoot coot
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Tommy, Power Vision is a Dyna Jet product, Fuel Moto is a dealer and has a ton of information and dyno runs to validate their info.
thanks larry. i think i should give them a call. i have never heard of anyone having one quit on our forum. i've had two of the cobras quit. i think it's time to do my homework.

old scoot coot
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
The Power Vision holds 8 maps in it's memory, plus your original tune. It connects directly to the ECM and you can switch maps on the side of the road. Very convenient. It changes what the ECM is doing much like when the dealer hooks up to do stuff. You can leave it connected and then mount the unit on your handlebar so you can see what is going on with your engine. It is very cool to see all that info. You can unplug it and just ride that way as well. The original map is stored in the Power Vision when you connect it the first time. You can always reinstall it anytime you want to.
thanks for info rj i think i should give em a call. i think i'm done with cobra, just get a recording to leave message when you call them and they don't call back. if they won't talk about their product on the phone with a user they are probably going away anyway.

Registered
Mr. James
Fuel Moto gives lifetime support INCLUDING giving you updated maps when you change parts on the bike! That is awesome! I wish I would have known that before I bought mine 馃様

Registered
Mr. James
Important!! Something else to know about with the Power Vision

When you connect it to your bike to upload/download maps and such, the unit becomes 'married' to your bike and cannot be used on another bike. Unless you buy a separate license for that purpose. I just wanted to make sure you know that before you buy.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts