Harley Davidson Forums banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

Registered
TT Master Tune

old scoot coot
Discussion Starter · #62 · (Edited)
thanks rj, larry, sett and all. i called fuel moto and have the power vision on the way. i like the two second install and will start with the map they send and install auto tune. i may never have to use it! but if need be i can. have to buy another gadget to make changes to afr but i can do that if need be. also if it goes belly up in the road all ya have to do is plug it in and reinstall the original ecm map. yada, yada. i'm done with cobra. thanks fellas. going riding on the original ecm map for now. then will ride fury till i get the power vision installed. always something. 馃槑 also thanks to you too jim. already had pv on the way when i saw yours. i'm checking it out too. i have another bike with the cobra still on it.

old scoot coot
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Important!! Something else to know about with the Power Vision

When you connect it to your bike to upload/download maps and such, the unit becomes 'married' to your bike and cannot be used on another bike. Unless you buy a separate license for that purpose. I just wanted to make sure you know that before you buy.
yep, that pretty much goes without saying. otherwise they would have only sold 2 and those guys would have a butt load of buddies. ;)

Registered
thanks rj, larry, sett and all. i called fuel moto and have the power vision on the way. i like the two second install and will start with the map they send and install auto tune. i may never have to use it! but if need be i can. have to buy another gadget to make changes to afr but i can do that if need be. also if it goes belly up in the road all ya have to do is plug it in and reinstall the original ecm map. yada, yada. i'm done with cobra. thanks fellas. going riding on the original ecm map for now. then will ride fury till i get the power vision installed. always something. 馃槑 also thanks to you too jim. already had pv on the way when i saw yours. i'm checking it out too. i have another bike with the cobra sill on it.
Good deal! If you want to use the power vision on your TC, all you need to do is buy a license. No need to buy a second PV.

For auto tune, you will need to swap over to wide band O2 sensors.

old scoot coot
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Good deal! If you want to use the power vision on your TC, all you need to do is buy a license. No need to buy a second PV.

yea the target tune kit includes the wide band sensors. you can change the afr to anything within the range of the wide band sensors. and a bunch of other stuff. also need this to auto tune. i think. havn't read about pv that much yet. i thought you could autotune with the power vision alone but i could only tune within the limits of the closed loop narrow band o2 sensors. not sure on that but i think they said you could do an autotune map with the pv. the target tune kit is another 430.00 dollars so together about same as thundermax. target tune probably mostly use for race, guys like noel.

old scoot coot
Discussion Starter · #66 ·

yea the license is 200 bucks less than half price. i wonder how they get the new program to flash to ecm on the other bike. maybe e mail it to you so you can load it off your computer? you can auto tune without the target tune and wide band o2 sensors, it's called auto tune basic. you start with a copy of the original tune from fuel moto, it learns as you ride the bike running it then you load the learned auto tune. it can then be autotuned again using previous auto tune supposedly improving on the last one. if fuel moto gets the pretune right ya may never have to. all i know fore sure is don't buy piggy back tuners like cobra. they can ruin a trip for sure, and are difficult to install and remove, especially on the side of the road. i've had to trash 700 dollars worth of cobra tuners and still have one on my 14. :p

Registered
Yes, Fuel Moto will email you a tune for each bike you buy a license for and the tune will be coded for that bike.

Reactions: tommytailspin
61 - 67 of 67 Posts