1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Guitarslinger
3,316 Posts
yep, that should work.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
What is the purpose of the different colored materials?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I think it is just the color of the foam that he decided to use. It looks like he used the blue foam to build up on top of the white foam, which, I believe, is the existing foam from the stock seat.

Nice work, BTW. Did you do the upholstery as well?

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
What is the purpose of the different colored materials?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
The "blue" foam is called "chip foam" It's used as carpet under pading too. Density is the difference.

Alot of the Appolstry guys carve the foam with elect knives like what ya use for Turkeys...

·
Fatboy2011
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The "blue" foam is called "chip foam" It's used as carpet under pading too. Density is the difference.

Alot of the Appolstry guys carve the foam with elect knives like what ya use for Turkeys...
it was attached in layers and build the shape and strength needed .

The blue foam was than covered by the black top material , same shape as the original as seen in the picture . it works great and cost all total $80 .

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
The blue foam is not Chip !!!!! you maybe mean Cheap (even your mother thoung is English and not mine . but it was attached in layers and build the shape and strength needed . no need to be negative .

The blue foam was than covered by the black top material , same shape as the original as seen in the picture . it works great and cost all total $80 .
Nothing "negative" was said Ilan. Practice your engliish a bit more my friend because you misread pretty much everything.

I know you meant to write "Mother tongue".

Ps. Foam that is made with "small pieces of different density and types of foam IS called "chip foam" in America.

·
Fatboy2011
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Nothing "negative" was said Ilan. Practice your engliish a bit more my friend because you misread pretty much everything.

I know you meant to write "Mother tongue".

Ps. Foam that is made with "small pieces of different density and types of foam IS called "chip foam" in America.
Thank you . appologize if I miss understood you . lets enjoy riding :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts