Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a custom clutch cover and a matching cam cover inspection plate for my 09 FatBob. I just want to know that when I go to switch out the cam cover inspection plate will I need a new gasket or anything and will I have to worry about any lubricants seeping from the cover during the replacement procedure. I know about the clutch cover and have a new gasket and will switch it out at the same time as I change my primary oil I am hoping it is a simple remove the 5 bolts swap in the new cover and replace the 5 bolts thanks

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,118 Posts
You'll need a new gasket for the inspection cover as well. Other than that should be a simple swap.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
christoc
If it is like my "08" Soft Tail........the cam inspection cover has no fluid under it so no gasket just an opening where you could actually store stuff if ya wished. Was like a 5 minute swap out.
Colt.45

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Got Gold/christok
I was thinking about the little round cover......not the whole cam cover. Sorry......
Colt.45

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Got Gold/christok
I was thinking about the little round cover......not the whole cam cover. Sorry......
Colt.45
You were correct. 5 screws is the little round cover, 10 screws in the cam chest cover.

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,118 Posts
You were correct. 5 screws is the little round cover, 10 screws in the cam chest cover.
christoc
If it is like my "08" Soft Tail........the cam inspection cover has no fluid under it so no gasket just an opening where you could actually store stuff if ya wished. Was like a 5 minute swap out.
Colt.45

You guys are right, I misread the post, thinking of the inspection cover on the primary... my bad.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am talking about the small little cover that in the older days used to be riveted in place. this is the small round cover found in the Cam cover so from what I gather it is just a simple replace with no gasket
thanks

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BTW Colt.45 love your t-shirt in your avatar. just recently picked the same one up for my own use

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
christok
Thanks,my buddy got it for me for Christmas. Yep.........just 5 screws on the little round cover.......nothing under it....no gasket.
Colt.45

1 - 9 of 9 Posts