Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I acquired the turn signals from a Dyna, and want to try to turn them into fog lamps on my RK Classic. I want to control them with the left nacelle switch. Kind of like the passing lamps. What I've come up with is to wire it into the accessory connector. I have to figure how to get them togther now. Any suggestion, or other ways to go about this.

·
Red and White
2,237 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Your post is a little confusing.
If you have a Road King then you already have "fog lamps" (passing lamsp)... the smaller lights next to the big headlight, so from your statement you are trying to replace those with the Dyna lamps??? Or where are you trying to mount them? The other switch is for accessories so you could always wire them up to that one if you want extra lights to switch on and off.

-Rohan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am ADDING fog lights down where the highway bars meet the lower frame in addition to the passing lamps. I am trying to attach a picture. I haven't figured the place to wire them into. It seems to get more complicated I think about it, so I'm putting it out here! I'm not super mechanically inclined, and traced the wiring. Use the accesory connector under the seat?

·
Retired citizen
23,355 Posts
If you want them on whenever the passing lamps are on just wire them in parallel with the passing lamp B+ and ground. The passing lamp switch will control both sets of lights.

·
Red and White
2,237 Posts
Ohhh, I see now. That's an interesting concept. Take some pics of them on at night when you get done.

-Rohan

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
Post when you break the first lens.

·
Red and White
2,237 Posts
That's actually a really good point. Road Kings already scrape the floor boards on minor turns.

-Rohan

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
Not to mention rocks thrown up by the tires.

·
Indecisive Member
292 Posts
I'd personally relocate the to where the top side of that bar for the reasons stated above.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The lenses are plastic, not like our turn signal lenses. When mounted they will be high enough. I checked that first. I got pulled down by a foot peg a long time ago, I don't need a repeat. I am going to see about writing into the passing lamps. I have a few more ideas. I'll post pics when finished.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I got them hooked up via the accessory connector in front of the battery via duetsch cconnection. Tested it and apparently the LEDs are 3V, not 12V, which is being put out. After a trip to radio shack I have a solution, after I get back from vacation. Put higher voltage LESs, and/or resistors in line. This is becoming a pia.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts