Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently purchased my first HD. A 2011 Dyna Super Glide. It vibrates alot when riding it and Ive asked a few people if they think its normal that it should vibrate that much with mixed responses. However none of these people own similar bike so who knows. Im trying to find a way to share a video of bike doing it. Does anyone have any thoughts on this please?

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
Check the motor mounts and any loose critical fasteners, how many miles ?

Reactions: WiSeNhEiMeR

·
Registered
5,441 Posts
There is a difference between idle "shake" and riding "vibration" in Dyna's. It's normal for the engine to jump around at idle, but there should be very minimal vibrations felt in the bars or pegs when riding above 2,000 rpm. If the exhaust is touching the frame anywhere other than the two ports and transmission mounting point, you will get vibration. A loose front motor mount can also be a culprit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
this shows the shake on handle bars when idling.
Paintball Vehicle Games Cameras & optics Glass
There is a difference between idle "shake" and riding "vibration" in Dyna's. It's normal for the engine to jump around at idle, but there should be very minimal vibrations felt in the bars or pegs when riding above 2,000 rpm. If the exhaust is touching the frame anywhere other than the two ports and transmission mounting point, you will get vibration. A loose front motor mount can also be a culprit.
Thanks, the vibration is still an issue when riding to the point my hands go numb from the vibration and the mirrors jitter around so much you cant really see shit in them properly.

·
Registered
129 Posts
View attachment 789416 this shows the shake on handle bars when idling. View attachment 789416 0

Thanks, the vibration is still an issue when riding to the point my hands go numb from the vibration and the mirrors jitter around so much you cant really see shit in them properly.
As others have said, the motor mounts could be an issue. As far as feeling the vibes through the handlebar, foot pegs etc. Do you have the original rubber foot pegs and hand grips? Or were they replaced with something else? My 2008 came with really sharp looking pegs and grips, but they did a very poor job of isolating vibration. I put the stock rubber foot pegs back on and that pretty much solved the problem for me. The fact that your mirrors are blurring, assuming they're stock, and in the stock location, does indicate you've got something else going on. At least that's what it says to me.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As others have said, the motor mounts could be an issue. As far as feeling the vibes through the handlebar, foot pegs etc. Do you have the original rubber foot pegs and hand grips? Or were they replaced with something else? My 2008 came with really sharp looking pegs and grips, but they did a very poor job of isolating vibration. I put the stock rubber foot pegs back on and that pretty much solved the problem for me. The fact that your mirrors are blurring, assuming they're stock, and in the stock location, does indicate you've got something else going on. At least that's what it says to me.

·
Registered
29 Posts
So I recently purchased my first HD. A 2011 Dyna Super Glide. It vibrates alot when riding it and Ive asked a few people if they think its normal that it should vibrate that much with mixed responses. However none of these people own similar bike so who knows. Im trying to find a way to share a video of bike doing it. Does anyone have any thoughts on this please?
Hi. Check your tires and rims are, ok for balance and weighted correctly also check the wheel bearings are ok.
The motor is rubbered mounted and should not vibrate so you may need to check the mounts...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.