Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you've upgraded your Dyna with Stage 1,2...etc. is it worth it and where do you feel it's has diminished returns??

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have a '13 Fat Bob... Rode stock it until it broke in, then removed the Baffles from the OEM Slip-ons and installed a set of Cycle Shack Baffles for a little more sound but I ended up getting a little more throttle response too. Then I added an HD Heavy Breather Kit and a Stage 1 Download. It was well worth the expense. Get better gas mileage and even more throttle response.

·
Registered
87 Posts
When deciding (suggestion only) what to do-stage 1 etc... I look at the end outcome I may want.
Just stage 1, ac only (tuner needed) or exhaust only, I would shop around some-research- you can probably get a better performer and lower cost. Exhaust and ac, I consider it stage 2- Pick your choice exhaust but will need some sort of tuner to richen the fuel.
Now the big question, are you wanting to stop there or perhaps change cams later on- stage 3 as I put it.Then you should consider a tuner that will adjust for a cam change. Some tuners are not able to cam changes and timing.
I warn you, the more you get the more you will want. Don't ask me how I know LOL

2005 88ci super glide, 5 months later pro street 113 bullet prof beast.
2010 96 ci wide glide , 2 months later SS106 with all the thrills

All started with a simple stage 2 change.

·
Screw it, let's ride
290 Posts
I'm only at Stage 1, but I feel it's almost a necessity especially with the newer bikes and EPA standards. Way too lean from the factory. My 80" Evo with the Stage 1 gets around 47 mpg and there is a real noticeable difference in bottom and mid range. It also sounds cool.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I just went stage 2 on my 09 street bob. I had pipes, intake and stage 1 download. Now with cams, tts mastertune, and dyno'd by a local genius wrench, I have an insane increase in torque and HP. My front wheel lifts on most shifts (not pulling wheelies...but not trying to either!), and I need a new seat; one with a higher back, because I've almost slid off. Well worth the $$$! Going stage 3 and higher tends to be exponentially more $$$ than stage 1 & 2.

·
Registered
16 Posts
On my 2012, Add heavy breather Screaming Eagle, Tuned, VH short shots. Rides like 1800cc bike not 1600 now. Very fast. Had to add quiet baffles to pipes though. Sound was too loud and pith was too high. Quiet baffles gives a lower base.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts