Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live about an hour away in NJ near Giants stadium. Can anyone give me some roads to ride on in the Milford / E. Stroudsburg area. I do most of my roads in Sussex County. It's getting a little old. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
15/206/6/652/52/97/590/434/6/206

Just a few. Try going to Mapquest and just looking at all the secondary roads in your area.

Here's a tip to help you while riding.
Get a dry erase marker. write the turns on your mirror(s).
example:
15/206/6/652/52/97/
590/434
If you want to, just use your finger to erase each route as you enter it.

I've used my left mirror for the trip out and my right mirror for the trip back.

Yes, you can still see behind you in your mirrors.

A nice ride is to go across the Tappanzee Bridge and follow 9 (or 9A) north along the Hudson. Take 6/202 to the Bear Mountain Bridge and crossover the river. Then 9W/202 south back down to 87/287 W, to the GS Parkway (or where ever you need to go)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the dry eraser tip, great idea. I forgot about the bear montain bridge ride. I was meaning to try that the next time i was in that area.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I was just through that area on my way up to Laconia a week or so ago. I traveled up 209 from Stroudsburg, PA to Kingston, NY. It travels along the PA/NJ border through the Delaware Water Gap Natl Rec Area in Pa and then past Port Jervis NY where you cross I-84. We particularly enjoyed the portion in southern NY from Port Jervis to Kingston - several small towns to go through but we really didn't seem to have to "stop" much for any lights or stop signs. When we left Kingston, we headed east across the Hudson on 199 towards the Taconic State Park and 22. This route had good roads, several beautiful large horse farms and nice "foothills" scenery. We headed north on 22 somewhere near Millerton. 22 was also nice road and great scenery most of the way. We did hit a patch of very rough road on 22 for about 20 miles or so but I think it was after you cross I-90 (not sure how far north you may go).

Good luck - hope you have a good trip!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a place up in dingsmans ferry. Here is a nice route u can do.
Take rt80 until u go over the PA bridge first exit should be exit 1
Take that road all the way should be called river road take it until u reach rt209 and river road (this is the PA side..now take rt209 until u get little egypt rd very nice twisties to we're I went up and down it 2x.this will table to Milford rd. take this all the way to child park rd make a left very nice road now take that to silver lake rd make a right take that to rt739 make a left take rt739 for a while u will pass rt84 over pass about a mile after that u will come to rt434 (junk yard on coner) make a right take that to rt97 make a right that will take u to hawks nest. I would look at a map just to help u out a little before u go but this is one of my fav. Route. When I bought my place there every morning I would get on my bike and just ride until I got tired and hit my navi to take me home. I will be there on July 4 weekend send a me message and maybe will meet up and I will show u some roads pending weather.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts