Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies if it is a duplicate thread.

wondering if anybody had a good luck with eBay stuff, looking for sissy bar for my RKS. Yes, I know I should get H-D parts, but that sissy bar will be used very few times an year and I’m not sure I want to spend $350 on something that will be collecting dust in the garage. However quality/safety of eBay Chinese knockoffs is always a concern. Any input?

thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,109 Posts
i'd buy a used Harley one off ebay, but thats about it.

·
Registered
21,794 Posts
Look up H-D the part number for the backrest you want , then look for a used one on ebay or craigslist, motorcycle swap meets , Harley dealers usually have some used parts stashed away, .......good luck hunting.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Look up H-D the part number for the backrest you want , then look for a used one on ebay or craigslist, motorcycle swap meets , Harley dealers usually have some used parts stashed away, .......good luck hunting.
Good idea, thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
I have gotten a few "knock off" products off of Ebay with no problems. The things I do are look at the sellers reputation score and how many items he has sold. Not foolproof, but it gives me an idea of the type business/person I am dealing with.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Post a picture of what you are looking for ... You never know.

Cheers,
Smoketown
Looking at these 2...

Eagle skull is claimed to be made in the US and I’m buying American when I can. Perhaps it’s better quality.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I bought my $40 docking kit and $80 sissy bar off of Amazon and they're absolutely fine. I refuse to overpay for HD stuff just because it says HD. They fit fine and have had zero issues with them.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Try'n to behave
5,631 Posts

wondering if anybody had a good luck with eBay stuff, looking for sissy bar for my RKS. Yes, I know I should get H-D parts, but that sissy bar will be used very few times an year and I’m not sure I want to spend $350 on something that will be collecting dust in the garage. However quality/safety of eBay Chinese knockoffs is always a concern. Any input?

thanks guys!

I haven't yet, but I have been looking. I would definitely prefer American made.

I think it was stated before, but check the reputation of the seller and make sure they do returns. I am sure if they say it will fit your bike and it doesn't, most sellers (unless a private individual maybe) would either give your money back or exchange for the right one.

·
Registered
7 Posts

thanks guys!

I bought one from eBay it’s detachable and works and looks good. Wife doesn’t fly off back when front tire is lifted or coming off the line hard. I think it was like 125 or something I did use clear vinyl where lid comes up to keep from scratching paint on adjusters

1 - 11 of 11 Posts