Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hooked up a simple amp and boom audio speaker to my 2019 Road King. Afterwards, the bike wouldn't do anything. Took it to Harley and was told the pcm and the ecm were both fried. How is this possible? Especially since they said the only way for that to happen is by jumping it off of a running car, which I did not do!!

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
Electrical is a weak point for me, BUT; Newer Harleys have a Canbus electrical system, which means almost all wires "talk" to each other in some manner, so making a change (mistake) on one wire system can affect others. But, Harleys have fuses, many fuses, that are designed to protect your system from getting fried. Each fuse should be electrically checked (visual inspection is not reliable). My experience with dealer mechanics is that they will replace the high dollar parts first, then when it still won't run they will replace the 50 cent fuse. Still charging the customer for the unnecessary parts.

·
Retired citizen
24,752 Posts
I hooked up a simple amp and boom audio speaker to my 2019 Road King. Afterwards, the bike wouldn't do anything. Took it to Harley and was told the pcm and the ecm were both fried. How is this possible? Especially since they said the only way for that to happen is by jumping it off of a running car, which I did not do!!
Where did you make the simple amp and speaker connections ?

·
Registered
656 Posts
I'm calling bullshiff on both being burned by that. Try another dealer, but put the bike back to stock first.

Sent from my coal fired bag phone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts