Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 XL1200C
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 1200XL Custom that I have owned for years. I have only done maintenance and never dove into the electronics etc. I would like to come up to speed on what all the modules are, where they are physically located, what they control and how they interact. Could you knowledgeable souls enlighten me? Is there any diagrams that someone could post that show the wiring and connections etc.?

·
Retired citizen
26,071 Posts
I have a 2007 1200XL Custom that I have owned for years. I have only done maintenance and never dove into the electronics etc. I would like to come up to speed on what all the modules are, where they are physically located, what they control and how they interact. Could you knowledgeable souls enlighten me? Is there any diagrams that someone could post that show the wiring and connections etc.?
Check Ronnie's H-D website. Click the top header for OEM Harley Parts Finder, next page click street bike, next page click on your year, next scroll down and click your model. You'll now be viewing the complete parts breakdown for your bike, diagrams and part numbers.

Reactions: Ddaddyo

·
Registered
2007 XL1200C
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check Ronnie's H-D website. Click the top header for OEM Harley Parts Finder, next page click street bike, next page click on your year, next scroll down and click your model. You'll now be viewing the complete parts breakdown for your bike, diagrams and part numbers.
Thank you very much for the website !! Very helpful.
Could you tell me where the ECM is physically located on the bike??

·
Registered
895 Posts
If you look at the page on Ronnies for the ECM it will show you what it looks like. There's nothing to maintain on it, but at least you can find it. My guess is to look under the seat.
Having a shop and electrical manual would be of great help to you.

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
I took an extra few minutes to type and print descriptions (ECM TSSM etc) out and cut and scotch taped to each module when I found them. Not that I could do anything other than check connections if/when I got a diagnostic code. But at least I'll be checking the CORRECT connection.
P.S. Diagnostic (trouble) codes are pretty much universal, you can google engine DTC codes from the side of a road on your phone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts