Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHAT I have is a 2001 efi ultra classic that I put back together and beek having problems just keeping it idling, I've replaced almost all sensors, head sensor, oxygen sensor, idle acuature sensor, map sensor, even a fi2000, the thing is that in order to start it you have to turn the throdle just altitle and can tell it burns rich and won't stay idling unless you stay on the throdel, what I do notice is that the tactics does not move and the idle control dosent eat her even though I put in a new one, yes the engine light is on but when I go through the codes there isn't anything.

·
Just Ride
3,620 Posts
Man l wish I could help you but I need to know what you're saying.

·
Registered
710 Posts
WHAT I have is a 2001 efi ultra classic that I put back together and beek having problems just keeping it idling, I've replaced almost all sensors, head sensor, oxygen sensor, idle acuature sensor, map sensor, even a fi2000, the thing is that in order to start it you have to turn the throdle just altitle and can tell it burns rich and won't stay idling unless you stay on the throdel, what I do notice is that the tactics does not move and the idle control dosent eat her even though I put in a new one, yes the engine light is on but when I go through the codes there isn't anything.
"tactics does not move and the idle control dosent eat her"
HUH???

Throttle?

I hate when my Idle control doesn't EAT HER :laugh:laugh:laugh

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
.....what I do notice is that the tactics does not move and the idle control dosent eat her .......
This part has got to be code for something......

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
And y'all say we talk funny down here...

--

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,117 Posts

·
240 Posts
My guess would be eat her = either or also. Thank god for spell check/auto correct.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
that's what I get when I use my phone with auto correct and a few beers, what it should of said was : tach does not move and the idle control actuator doesn't either even after replacing with new, however I reread it and think its pretty funny the way it is.

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,117 Posts
that's what I get when I use my phone with auto correct and a few beers, what it should of said was : tach does not move and the idle control actuator doesn't either even after replacing with new, however I reread it and think its pretty funny the way it is.
Agreed, LMAO.. thanks, I'm gonna be stuck painting today... on a sunny day no less. Can't help ya, but we've got a good crew here that can.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Hey brother we've all done it , just poking a little fun. Gotta love technology and alcohol and in most cases both at the same time and technology doesn't care what you are trying to say.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts