Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone have a power commander V on there bike and does it work good. I got a power commander 3 on mine. Thinking of upgrading but I like to get info from anyone before I perches. Thanks

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
You won't notice a performance difference between a PCIII and a PCV assuming you are using a similar map.

The only real benefit of the PCV comes in with the newer bikes that have more data available, and the fact that the PCV can control an auto-tuning add-on (if you have bike with 02 sensors).

The PCIII is an excellent piece of equipment. If it ain't broke . . .

·
SoundMan
576 Posts
I had the Power Commander V on my Yamaha V Star and it worked well. I use to get the maps emailed to me for the company I bought it from whenever I changed my setup. I now have the Vance & Hines FP3 on my Sportster and I like it a lot more. It works with my iPhone so I just go to the FP3 App and enter my setup and I get the maps sent right to my phone and from there I remap my ECM using the FP3. Also, you have the option to keep the FP3 plugged in, and if you do it will show engine info right on your phone in realtime while riding.

·
CRSO
344 Posts
I had the Power Commander V on my Yamaha V Star and it worked well. I use to get the maps emailed to me for the company I bought it from whenever I changed my setup. I now have the Vance & Hines FP3 on my Sportster and I like it a lot more. It works with my iPhone so I just go to the FP3 App and enter my setup and I get the maps sent right to my phone and from there I remap my ECM using the FP3. Also, you have the option to keep the FP3 plugged in, and if you do it will show engine info right on your phone in realtime while riding.

I have an FP3 on my 14 Ultra and I totally agree...but I checked the OP's profile and his bike is too old for that technology.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts