Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 08 ultra 15,000 miles on it. Last week I took it to my local dealer and had the EITMS turned on in the ECM. The cruise light will not change to green when I roll the throttle forward. I did put a new set of grips on this winter. Any thoughts on this. The temp around here during the summer is about 95 and things get hot. Thanks for any help you guys can give.:feedback:

·
Super Moderator
4,058 Posts
You should be able to feel and hear the EITMS kick in. I haven't noticed what the lights do but when the system cuts on, on my breakout I can really tell. I can tell also that the rear cylinder comes back on with a little throttle roll. I wouldn't sweat the light if you can feel what the system is doing.

·
Retired citizen
22,065 Posts
Roll the throttle forward and hold it there for a while, the green light should come on.
Another thing, the dealer enabled the EITMS which means they had to turn it on.

·
2,327 Posts
My experience is that when you roll forward on the throttle, and the engine isn't hot enough nothing happens. It needs to be really hot. Most of the time it happens automatically at idle.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
My experience is that when you roll forward on the throttle, and the engine isn't hot enough nothing happens. It needs to be really hot. Most of the time it happens automatically at idle.
Lambo you only roll the throttle forward to make the EITMS system active or not active. The rear cylinder cutting out happens automatically when the set point temperature is reach. You can not roll the throttle forward to manually cut out the rear cylinder. Hope this helps...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts