Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Fatboy2011
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Did anyone used an electric wire winch instead of a lift ?
I would like to use it in a container where the bike is in .
No problem to connect to the top .
Any experience/pics is appreciated .

Thanks,Ilan Gun Electrical supply

·
Retired citizen
24,517 Posts
I've used a cherry picker to lift bikes before but never a winch like in your pic.

·
Riding With Respect
225 Posts
Here ya go. I have a MC jack as well as a table lift, but this is my preferred tire change method. Works like a champ.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Damm fine way to get shot . They tried that in Austin , worked for "sports bikes" , not so well on HD's . Too many damage claims . :spank:
There's a right way and a wrong way. Im trained and certified in heavy,light ,an medium. it can be done if done correctly with out any damage. all it takes is some num nut to give wrecker operators a bad name.

(witch by the way is the case in calif nothing but num nut's)

·
Banned
71 Posts
There's a right way and a wrong way. Im trained and certified in heavy,light ,an medium. it can be done if done correctly with out any damage. all it takes is some num nut to give wrecker operators a bad name.

(witch by the way is the case in calif nothing but num nut's)
There is a right way...it's called a flatbed. :)

BTW how would you tow a new vette ????

·
Riding With Respect
225 Posts
Looks very nice. thank you for the Pics.
Are you using the winch for lifting the bike all way up (two wheels) ?
Thanks,ilan
The only time it lifted both wheels was to unload a Sportster from the bed of a pickup. Big rain, dry inside shop, no problem with the hoist. If my memory serves me, that is a piece of 1/8" wall X 1 1/2" square tubing spanning 3 trusses mounting the 880#hoist.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts