Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has it been asked? Will there be a forum section for the electric Harley ?

The missus bought me a membership in HOG, but I never go to meetin's.

The latest HOG mag has a story of a guy who takes a week long ride on the battery Harley, but he never says anything about how to recharge the thing. I suppose the thing goes the length of Route 66 without a recharge?

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
I don't Live Wire is a viable product yet. I understand that it will go about 50 miles on a charge at full power and about 100 miles on reduced power. It would take a week to go anywhere on it.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
There is a lot more to being a Harley than being made by the company that makes Harleys.
"Street/Vrod/Livewire may all be good products, but I'll never refer to one of them as a "Harley" without the follow up of the model name, ie; "Harley-Davidson Street" etc.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
I don't Live Wire is a viable product yet. I understand that it will go about 50 miles on a charge at full power and about 100 miles on reduced power. It would take a week to go anywhere on it.
Most people wouldn't take a longer trip on a bike that size anyway.

I think the niche is more likely the city-dweller, commuter types who can unplug in the morning and plug it back in when they get home.

·
Breaker of Things
3,358 Posts
Most people wouldn't take a longer trip on a bike that size anyway.

I think the niche is more likely the city-dweller, commuter types who can unplug in the morning and plug it back in when they get home.

I agree it's more of a run around town bike rather than any type of touring bike. But who knows what the future may hold for the model?

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
i think there garbage and a real insult to harley. thats my story and i dont give a rip if u like it or not. hahahahahahaha

·
Registered
751 Posts
Every company has to evolve to stay up with the times. HD has had a really good run with it's current line up. I think it would run much longer if the EPA didn't have their say. I would have to think right now they are running at the edge.

To the OP.... Until they hit the sales floor I don't see a point.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Every company has to evolve to stay up with the times. HD has had a really good run with it's current line up. I think it would run much longer if the EPA didn't have their say. I would have to think right now they are running at the edge.

To the OP.... Until they hit the sales floor I don't see a point.

If the MC world is like the car world, the EPA goes by averages based on the complete line of a company. If so, in theory if 5-10 percent of the HD sales came from the Livewire, they'd have more flexibility with the rest of the bikes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts