Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to hook up a power port to charge the phone, where is the best place to grab a hot line that is only on while the bike is on? I don't want to un straight to the battery and have it hot all the time.

Also, the fuse block has an accessory fuse, what is that for?

2000 fat boy carb

Thanks

Ron

·
Retired citizen
24,277 Posts
Orange w/ white stripe wire is power only with the ignition on.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Orange w/ white stripe wire is power only with the ignition on.
Thanks, I saw that in the wiring diagram and I found a real nice write up & pictures that showed that circuit and it's open connector (used for the fender light on heritage) but I am trying to stay away from that circuit. I am leary of hooking up anything to the same circuit as all of the lights...

I looked in the wiring diagram but I can't find the accessory circuit - with a separate fuse there I figured there must be a place to tap into it right?

·
Retired citizen
24,277 Posts
You can search around for an accy. plug, grey with a rubber plug in it. Don't use the grey one that's hooked to the frame under the seat, that's the data link connector used for diagnostics testing.
I don't remember if the 2000 Fatboy came with an accy. plug though. Check the wire diagram in the back of your service manual.
You could tap in right at the ignition switch at the hot when on terminal.
Another place is the relays behind the oil tank ahead of the rear tire splash guard.
Obviously the Fatboy wiring harness leaves something to be desired !

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can search around for an accy. plug, grey with a rubber plug in it. Don't use the grey one that's hooked to the frame under the seat, that's the data link connector used for diagnostics testing.
I don't remember if the 2000 Fatboy came with an accy. plug though. Check the wire diagram in the back of your service manual.
You could tap in right at the ignition switch at the hot when on terminal.
Another place is the relays behind the oil tank ahead of the rear tire splash guard.
Obviously the Fatboy wiring harness leaves something to be desired !
Thank you, I do appreciate the info! I saw the data link connector and figured it was too easy to have one right there.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
No problem connecting to the accessory circuit. I does not power all the lights, only the turn signals and front running lights. A cell phone charger doesn`t draw enough current to be of any significance to any of the circuits.

I just noticed this is the Sportster section...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No problem connecting to the accessory circuit. I does not power all the lights, only the turn signals and front running lights. A cell phone charger doesn`t draw enough current to be of any significance to any of the circuits.

I just noticed this is the Sportster section...
oops - thank you. Can one of the mods PLEASE move this to the softail section?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts