Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an electrical Problem and I was wondering if anyone had seen it before. I recently had the body kit removed at the harley shop and sent it out for paint then the harley shop reinstalled the tank, outer fairing ,inner fairing front fender and saddlebags. Now when I am riding after a few miles my check engine light comes on and all of my taillights and brake lights stop working. The bike is showing ECM and BRM and two fuel pump related codes. Could a bad or loose connection the fuel pump that they put back into the tank cause all this?

·
Banned
71 Posts
I have an electrical Problem and I was wondering if anyone had seen it before. I recently had the body kit removed at the harley shop and sent it out for paint then the harley shop reinstalled the tank, outer fairing ,inner fairing front fender and saddlebags. Now when I am riding after a few miles my check engine light comes on and all of my taillights and brake lights stop working. The bike is showing ECM and BRM and two fuel pump related codes. Could a bad or loose connection the fuel pump that they put back into the tank cause all this?
Start by checking the plugs in the fairing for looseness . Then also check the ECM plug and those under the seat . Clear your codes and see what happens.

:coffee:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 98 ultera classic whan it run for a while i be driving down the road and than loss of power i turn it off n on nothing. Than everything come back on than i start it and away i go? Idk looked at every wire on it nothing is bad changed fuises ?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya I checked the fuses and they all seem to be good and I think if it were a fuse the tail lights wouldnt work at all as it is they work for a littlewhile then the check engine/security light comes on and I loose the tail lights. I checked all the connections under the fairing I also looked under the dashboard and the fuel pump connecter seemed a little to easy to unplug so I seated it firmly and checked all the connections I could find under the seat ECM etc. they all seem ok. I cleared the codes and fired it up and after about ten minutes light came back on and tail lights cut off. I rechecked the codes and I am not getting the fuel related codes however I am still getting the ECM code and the BRM code but the dealership just put a new BRM in the bike and by the time I got home I had the same problem..AARRGGHHH.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
What codes are you getting exactly?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The first one that comes up says ECM 4, Then when I click for the next one it says BCM 4, THEN SPOO N then RAD N. and that it

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The only places I have not checked the connectors on is the underside of the tank becouse I didnt know if there are any connectors under the tank that these guys might have not seated correctly.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bike went to the dealer today they will be diagnosing it tomarrow....Please be a bad connection..LOL

·
Registered
3 Posts
Figered out my problem it was the auto restartting circit bracker next the the battery i told this old dude at the bar n he knew right away he showed me want n got a new one who would no u would find the awser at a bar lol

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just got a call from the dealer they said my problem had something to do with the red bulbs hey sold me when I bought my smoked lenses...Weird.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I was told the filiment wasnt broken however after awhile it would cause some kind of resistance which the bcm would read and in response would turn off all my tail lights. And trust me riding through the city that I live in not having tail lights is no Joke.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts