Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys!
Been a while since I’ve posted anything new about Eleven(my 77 ironhead) today I loaded her in the trailer and watched her drive away for the last time. Just not a good enough, knowledgeable enough, mechanic,and definitely not rich enough to give it the attention it deserves.. so I sold her to a guy that has ironheads and works in a local shop..got a more than fair price o think(2,500$) and my new ride is awesome! I’ll be posting pics when I get it on Thursday.. having all new fluids, tires handlebars and some other upgrades done to my 2000 fxstb night train. It is a beauty! Just wanted to thank everyone for all the great advise and knowledge.. especially 1/2 ton,gorillathehun,tommytailspin, and Scott. Thanks for not treating me like a dumb girl.. even when it applied!!🤣 again.. great respect for all y’all! Thanks!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was just about to say that I was sad to see you go-and then I read whatcha bought. Congrats! That's a great bike that you will love a lot. What's her name?
I hadn’t given it much thought until you said that… maybe in honor of Eleven I should call her Twelve.. 1st big twin..2nd bike.. and of course.. what comes after Eleven??!!

·
American
29,782 Posts
Welcome from Indiana, good luck on your new ride!

·
Registered
43,116 Posts
hi guys!
Been a while since I’ve posted anything new about Eleven(my 77 ironhead) today I loaded her in the trailer and watched her drive away for the last time. Just not a good enough, knowledgeable enough, mechanic,and definitely not rich enough to give it the attention it deserves.. so I sold her to a guy that has ironheads and works in a local shop..got a more than fair price o think(2,500$) and my new ride is awesome! I’ll be posting pics when I get it on Thursday.. having all new fluids, tires handlebars and some other upgrades done to my 2000 fxstb night train. It is a beauty! Just wanted to thank everyone for all the great advise and knowledge.. especially 1/2 ton,gorillathehun,tommytailspin, and Scott. Thanks for not treating me like a dumb girl.. even when it applied!!🤣 again.. great respect for all y’all! Thanks!
NightTrains are awesome! I just traded off my 2005 earlier this year.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Looking forward to more pictures!

·
Registered
579 Posts
hi guys!
I had the same experience with my '84 FXRS. Owned her for 35 years, but hardly rode her anymore. Always rode the baggers after I had them. Sold her to a guy that had 12 other FXR's. I didn't think it would be that hard, but I had tears in my eyes when she rolled away on his trailer. That was the bike that started this riders H-D journey. It was also the bike my wife learned to ride on too. To use a quote from Neil Young..."Long may she run"

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Maybe something in a different language that has the same meaning. Doce is Spanish for 12 and sounds cool and fresh, like your new bike.
I had the same experience with my '84 FXRS. Owned her for 35 years, but hardly rode her anymore. Always rode the baggers after I had them. Sold her to a guy that had 12 other FXR's. I didn't think it would be that hard, but I had tears in my eyes when she rolled away on his trailer. That was the bike that started this riders H-D journey. It was also the bike my wife learned to ride on too. To use a quote from Neil Young..."Long may she run"
(y)

·
Registered
579 Posts
FXRs have a special place in my heart.
Mine too. That bike is where this whole journey started for me. Come to think of it, for my wife as well. Funny story, my wife (then girlfriend) wanted to learn how to ride. This was before I became an MSF rider coach. There were things I assumed she knew, like where the brakes were...lol. She took off down the block and when she came to the stop sign she put her feet down to stop and almost hit the stop sign. Lesson over. I was able to sign the both of us up for the MSF course. I already had my M endorsement, but hey, riding motorcycles is fun so I'm in too. We passed on a Monday. I get home from work on Tuesday and she meets me at the curb (which never happened before or since) and shows me her M license. Cool. Then tells me that she has insurance too. Umm how did you get that? I called your agent and had my name added to your policy. Ok, what does that cost? Free, just had my name added to it. Then comes the BIG question. Can I take the bike this weekend to go with the Ladies of Harley ride? My face said it all. She asked what's wrong. Worried about me? Worried about the bike? No, you can ride and the bike is insured. What is it then? I said there are a lot of things in this life that we can share....motorcycle ain't one of them. She replies, "you been talking about getting a bagger for a few years now...get off your ass and find one". I called her from work the next day and told her :I'm taking off work early to go look at a bike...want to go with? The following Saturday we went on one bike to pick up my new 1992 Ultra and go home on two bikes. Three weeks later we left the Chicago area for the National HOG rally in Lancaster PA. One bike that started two riders journey.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mine too. That bike is where this whole journey started for me. Come to think of it, for my wife as well. Funny story, my wife (then girlfriend) wanted to learn how to ride. This was before I became an MSF rider coach. There were things I assumed she knew, like where the brakes were...lol. She took off down the block and when she came to the stop sign she put her feet down to stop and almost hit the stop sign. Lesson over. I was able to sign the both of us up for the MSF course. I already had my M endorsement, but hey, riding motorcycles is fun so I'm in too. We passed on a Monday. I get home from work on Tuesday and she meets me at the curb (which never happened before or since) and shows me her M license. Cool. Then tells me that she has insurance too. Umm how did you get that? I called your agent and had my name added to your policy. Ok, what does that cost? Free, just had my name added to it. Then comes the BIG question. Can I take the bike this weekend to go with the Ladies of Harley ride? My face said it all. She asked what's wrong. Worried about me? Worried about the bike? No, you can ride and the bike is insured. What is it then? I said there are a lot of things in this life that we can share....motorcycle ain't one of them. She replies, "you been talking about getting a bagger for a few years now...get off your ass and find one". I called her from work the next day and told her :I'm taking off work early to go look at a bike...want to go with? The following Saturday we went on one bike to pick up my new 1992 Ultra and go home on two bikes. Three weeks later we left the Chicago area for the National HOG rally in Lancaster PA. One bike that started two riders journey.
That is a GREAT story!!!tears in my eyes … I’m such a frickin stupid girl!! Your wife sounds like someone I could hang with!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts