Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
18 Deluxe - my 43rd
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are at milepost 60 on I90 in Montana, its 10:30 at night, and its raining, and your tubed tire goes flat.
Towing services say "call us in the morning" and even then they are many miles away.

So then, you either carry tires irons, a bunch of tools, and push your bike on its side to remove and repair the tire ... (not likely)
or you leave your bike in the rain on the side of the road until the next day, hitch hike the next day to some town, and wait for the next day
or, you try a can of Slime.

That's the question I am asking.

·
Just Ride
3,112 Posts
In an emergency fix a flat will get you home if not too far. Definitely new tube asap. Put a couple of hundred miles coming back from the keys one year, got to where I could get help. Talk about a butt clincher.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
or you leave your bike in the rain on the side of the road until the next day, hitch hike the next day to some town, and wait for the next day
or, you try a can of Slime.

That's the question I am asking.
That is when you will find out if it will work...

There is no way of knowing if it will work because you can`t predict how much damage has been done to the tube.

This is why the original spoked wheels from my `89 Heritage are in the attic...

·
Wayward Son
23,216 Posts
Tubeless spoked wheel kits are/were made.
:dunno

·
Retired citizen
22,896 Posts
Why not a dab of silicone sealer on each spoke nipple plus a tubeless rim valve stem and soap the rim bead up good when installing the tubeless tire ? I think that would be worth a try.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts