Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Flat Land Redneck
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today while out riding my 06 RK my engine and battery lights came on. I made it 10 miles back home and it seemed to run fine. I checked my battery connections and they were good. After I switch it off for a few minutes and restart it the lights go out only to come back on a few miles later. It spins over fine, cranks and seems to run good. Anybody have any ideas? I haven't checked battery output yet. I've tried to check engine diag codes. Not finding any. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. :dunno

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
I would check your output voltage to the battery.

·
Flat Land Redneck
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
After checking voltage, it's not charging as it should, got a low voltage code. Only charging 11 volts, switched off I have 12+ volts. Got part numbers,34309-06, 6890-01D and 67033-04A. Now I'll see if I can identify these parts. Thanks for your help, much appreciated. 689020-01D is turn signal cancel module, 67033-04Ais the speedo. Haven't found other pn yet. Speedo, and turn signal canceler works. Does this make sense? Never mind, it'll go in the shop tomorrow.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Sounds like your stator is getting ready to puke. Don't limp her through as you will put strain on the battery by making the bike run off of it while going down the road. I swapped mine out in my 02 electra glide. It took a dump while coming home from sturgis... Yep, battery went dead while parked on main street.... I checked around on this forum and lots of guys pointed me to California Phil. He hooked me up with a three phase stator, rotor, and voltage regulator. Very pleased with the result. Phil's the man. PM me and I can shoot you his contact info

1 - 4 of 4 Posts