Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Crazy Cat Man
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for opinions here and yes I know what that will entail. Haha. Do I put engine guards on my Deluxe or not? If so, what kind?
I'm kinda on the fence about it but it would be nice to have hwy pegs to stretch out a bit. I really like this bike and don't want to put anything on it that would take away the beauty of it. Thank you in advance for any and all suggestions.

Reactions: 3beards

·
Gypsy on Parade
4,893 Posts
I’m a function over form guy. I put engine guards on my SuperGlide so I could stretch my legs. While I think it looks better without them, it doesn’t look bad.

·
American
27,543 Posts
Yes

·
Registered
93 Posts
I put bars on my Deluxe, but when I selected them, I thought I’d use the rubber rests as highway pegs, but in that position they’re just not practical (I have short friggin oompa loompa legs). I liked the look, though. There’s only 3 bolts (one in the middle of the frame, and one on each floor board). Real easy to fit. As far as pegs, I put them on my SG, and I’d be lost without them. Absolutely love having them.

·
Registered
8,160 Posts
Carmen an I had Heritage Softails .
If I could find any pics of our,
Mine was all black & hers of course was custom painted with Ghost flame in deep Purple an an candy flames.
Damn I miss that bike.
I’ve been seriously thinking about getting rid of this bike an getting another

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Crazy Cat Man
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chrome whore lives matter!

siriusblue, I like the bars you have on your Deluxe. Looks just like the ones on my VTX. The nice part is you can prop your feet up on top of them where the rubber is. Worked great on a road trip to Ohio last year to see Mom. Thing is they were on the bike when I got it so I don't know what brand it is. Do you know off hand?

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
I've seen a lot more Heritage's with them than without them. I think they are kind of natural looking on that model.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Chrome whore lives matter!

siriusblue, I like the bars you have on your Deluxe. Looks just like the ones on my VTX. The nice part is you can prop your feet up on top of them where the rubber is. Worked great on a road trip to Ohio last year to see Mom. Thing is they were on the bike when I got it so I don't know what brand it is. Do you know off hand?
They look like they are Lindby bars. Check the J&P catalog.

·
Registered
Crazy Cat Man
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It would appear that Lindby is the one. But then the other ones that look like a big oval have the old school look I would like to preserve. Decisions decisions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
How are your slow speed skills, if not the best get guards, i put them on for protection more than anything else

·
Registered
93 Posts
It would appear that Lindby is the one. But then the other ones that look like a big oval have the old school look I would like to preserve. Decisions decisions.
Had the same thoughts when I got mine. I chose...... poorly

If I had to do it again, I’d match 3beards setup.

·
Registered
Crazy Cat Man
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Reactions: siriusblue
1 - 20 of 23 Posts