Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ridding along on my 2007 street bob, and the noticed engine light came on for a few seconds then went off. Got to destination was there 30 min or so left out after a min or two engine came on for a few seconds went off for a couple seconds then back on again. Stopped to eat after eating checked fluids everything OK. Left to bar stayed there couple hours or so left to head home the 40 miles light never came on again. Get up check see what codes was thrown and only code was P1356 rear cylinder no combustion. When the light was on I didn't notice any loss of power and first time I was passing a car. I know it could be many things however hoping maybe somebody help me narrow it down.

·
Registered
682 Posts
The light coming on during riding indicates a current failure. If the light comes on after start then goes off after a few seconds indicates a failure has occurred but it is historic in nature meaning it is not happening now. If it was a one time failure the light will shut off after I believe 50 engine on/off cycles. May be different for your model.
At any rate, check spark plugs for fouling and make sure plug wires are in good condition and properly secured. could be a bad coil also.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts