Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from Long Island, NY!
I have a '07 Road Glide and have been experiencing a situation where the engine idle rpms drop then the engine will stall.
This situation appeared just recently after having logged over 10k miles.
There is no set pattern of when this situation occurrs only to say that after a hard run (80+ mph) for 10 mins it begins.
Any suggestions on correcting this problem?
Thansk, Jack

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Welcome to a fellow New Yorker! I originate from Long Island, but it has been years. Just give it a short while and you'll have some good posts in response to your question.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Greetings from Long Island, NY!
I have a '07 Road Glide and have been experiencing a situation where the engine idle rpms drop then the engine will stall.
This situation appeared just recently after having logged over 10k miles.
There is no set pattern of when this situation occurrs only to say that after a hard run (80+ mph) for 10 mins it begins.
Any suggestions on correcting this problem?
Thansk, Jack
have you done any mods to the bike like, new pipes, power commander or sert, hi flow air filter. this will help in diagnoses

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I spoke with a tech at my local Harley dealership who informed me that there is a feature within the Harley 'brain' that automatically drops then engine's rpms at idle then evetually shuts the engine off when the engine temp reaches a specified temp. This electronic feature replaced the older feature of the 'brain' shitting down the rear cylinder. On the '09 models the operator can manually shut off (fuel/spark) to the rear cylinder by twisting the trottle forward and holding it there for three seconds.
In any event, the Harley tech told me he can go into the Harley 'brain' and disable the above mentioned feature - for free. Once he saw that the motor was, as he stated 'heavily modified' (103" big bore/high comp) he stated he'd have to charge me a 'diagnostic fee'.
I have an appointment scheduled and plan on removing the Power Commander unit and hopefully he will be able to disable the 'feature' for free.

·
Registered
40,785 Posts
Damm, that stinks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts