Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Road King with the stock 88ci engine. I want to upgrade to a 95ci. I have recently purchased the Screamin Eagle 1550 ST Kit (Jugs, Pistons, 211 Cams and all gaskets and seals). I also purchased a set of Screamin Eagle High Performance Heads for this upgrade.
I want to install a set of gear driven cams instead of the chain driven cams.
QUESTION # 1 : What type of cam would work with this upgrade?
QUESTION # 2 : What other parts will I need for this upgrade?

I also would like to gain as much horse power and ft. lbs. torque as posible. Can anyone give me suggestions and advise?

·
Nitrous Rules
31 Posts
I have a 2005 Road King with the stock 88ci engine. I want to upgrade to a 95ci. I have recently purchased the Screamin Eagle 1550 ST Kit (Jugs, Pistons, 211 Cams and all gaskets and seals). I also purchased a set of Screamin Eagle High Performance Heads for this upgrade.

I also would like to gain as much horse power and ft. lbs. torque as posible. Can anyone give me suggestions and advise?
I've had a lot of luck from Woods TW-6HG and TW-8HG. You may want to look at the "dyno" section of his website and see if there is a dyno that matches these cams with your exhaust.

http://woodcarbs.com/dynoruns.htm

Happy New Year :cheers:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the information VRYQUIK. I will check that out, I'm new to the Harley Forums, but I think I will spend a lot of time here. I see your from the Greenboro area. I'm from Jacksonville, NC near the coast.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,187 Posts
I had my 2005 LowRider upped to 95 cid and it's a great upgrade.

One thing I decided in advance, and I may not do again, was that I was not willing to sacrifice ANY low or mid range torque for top end. With that in mind I did not do any cam or head work.

One thing I guess I was surprised by, was how comfortable the bike is with the higher rpms. Part of the re-mapping of the ECU that is done with this upgrade is the increase of the engine's redline from 5500 to 6250 I believe it was.

In truth, any time I run it WFO to pass a couple of cars, I wind up touching the rev limiter. So my plan to maximize mids and lows and avoid redline did not go just according to plan.

In fact, if anybody has any really strong recommendations for cams, and maybe head work, I'd like to hear then too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts