Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was working on bike. Installed andrews 31 cams. Ss Tappets. And adjustable ss pushrods. Kuryakyn throttle body 57 mm wide. It does 95 big bore kit. Power commander 3. When it finally started. It didn't have a harley rumble sound. Sound like a sputtering spitting. And ruff. And a lot loader like no baffles. Anyone give me some answers. Thank you

·
Just Ride
3,614 Posts
Where to start. Pushrods adjusted properly. PC 3 set up close. Intake leaking .

·
Just Ride
3,614 Posts
The adjustments for fuel.

·
nitro freak
1,264 Posts
you checked the cams before you installed them?? (the outer chain could still be off),your problem could be one (or more) of 4-5 things.my advice would be to take it to a good independent shop who knows what their doing

·
Retired citizen
24,162 Posts
I doubt the H-D ECM is meshing with the 57mm throttle body very well.
I'd take it to a good dyno guy to see if he can straighten things out.
Also, are any codes coming up ?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you checked the cams before you installed them?? (the outer chain could still be off),your problem could be one (or more) of 4-5 things.my advice would be to take it to a good independent shop who knows what their doing
The timing on the cams are lined up. Not sure what you mean the outer chain. I made sure everything was lined up. I even had someone give me second advise. What's the other things that could be wrong

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
cam timing on back side of cam plate and gear timing marks on the front- can be a bit tricky to get dead nuts
just did a 103 myself with Andrews 48 cams

·
Retired citizen
24,162 Posts
Okay I just took a look at the Kury 57 throttle body. It doesn't come with the IAC or TPS ! The TPS can't be set correctly without the proper equipment. Can't just bolt it on and go. TPS is a critical adjustment !
The TPS gets adjusted in the milivolt range. I use a Scanalyzer to set the TPS. The shop uses Digital Tech computer software. It can also be done with a multimeter if you have the correct breakout box.
Otherwise you're just guessing !

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Okay I just took a look at the Kury 57 throttle body. It doesn't come with the IAC or TPS ! The TPS can't be set correctly without the proper equipment. Can't just bolt it on and go. TPS is a critical adjustment !
The TPS gets adjusted in the milivolt range. I use a Scanalyzer to set the TPS. The shop uses Digital Tech computer software. It can also be done with a multimeter if you have the correct breakout box.
Otherwise you're just guessing !
Well I realy don't have the funds for that. So you think I should go back to stock throttle body. Because I will if I have to.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
smartest thing you can do right now is send a pm to shmiddy or hillside or one of the other real hd brains around that offer sound advise-

not to be any kind of prick- the dumbest thing you can do building a motor is buy parts without the knowledge of how they react with the other parts-

i wanted to use a feuling cam- scott at hillside recommended i use a 48 andrews from his experience to get what i was looking for-
for years ive seen guys bring parts to my buddys race shop to build the greatest 350 chebby- he would tell them if you let me use my experience i guarantee you will be happy- use yours and i dont care wtf it runs like

if it was me with my very limited twinky knowledge- take the cam cover back off and recheck everything for the cost of a few gaskets and reinstall the stock tb

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
smartest thing you can do right now is send a pm to shmiddy or hillside or one of the other real hd brains around that offer sound advise-

not to be any kind of prick- the dumbest thing you can do building a motor is buy parts without the knowledge of how they react with the other parts-

i wanted to use a feuling cam- scott at hillside recommended i use a 48 andrews from his experience to get what i was looking for-
for years ive seen guys bring parts to my buddys race shop to build the greatest 350 chebby- he would tell them if you let me use my experience i guarantee you will be happy- use yours and i dont care wtf it runs like

if it was me with my very limited twinky knowledge- take the cam cover back off and recheck everything for the cost of a few gaskets and reinstall the stock tb
Thank you. I think that's what I'm going to do

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
again not in any way trying to be a pos- just snowed in and getting cabin fever

·
Retired citizen
24,162 Posts
If you put the stock throttle body back on you're still going to have to adjust the TPS.
I'm assuming you transferred the sensors from the stock TB to the Kury TB so transferring them back will require adjustments.

·
nitro freak
1,264 Posts
if you have no idea about the timing marks when installing the outer chain,ide be checking there

1 - 20 of 21 Posts