Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Road King 2002 TSSM pn# 68922-00. FOB has a button (Early style Security system).

I can't seem to enter a new pin. The TSSM seems to have lost the original pin I entered some years ago and all attempts to enter a new one fail.
Below is a copy of the first page of entering a pin.. I fail at step 6. All goes well until Step 6 then there is no response to key presses. Responses to steps 1-5 as expected.
Step 6 is where I am supposed to enter a new pin.
The table below is from the 2002 Electrical Diagnostics manual.

Any thoughts?

Font Material property Parallel Monochrome Document

·
Retired citizen
24,740 Posts
What's your result from step 5 ? If there was a previous pin there should be flashes.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What's your result from step 5 ? If there was a previous pin there should be flashes.
No previous pin showed. It did have a pin at one time. I created one many years ago when I first installed the security system. It is the standard Harley Security system TSSM 68922-00 I believe.
Is the Battery Fully Charged?
Battery fully charged

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
My 07 Electra Glide is very sensitive when doing pin entry. It must be on the jiffy stand and any movement of the bike during the sequence disrupts the process.

·
Retired citizen
24,740 Posts
If step 5 doesn't produce any flashes and there was a pin previously programmed to the security system I'm afraid the bike might need to go to the dealer for setup with the shop Digital Tech computer. The bike is still functional just make sure the FOB battery is fresh if you plan to put the bike into security mode.
Does the FOB have a fresh battery now ?
Also check your manual for ECM an TSSM setup procedures.

·
2004 Ultra Classic
1,369 Posts
Plant Violet Electric blue Event Magenta

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If step 5 doesn't produce any flashes and there was a pin previously programmed to the security system I'm afraid the bike might need to go to the dealer for setup with the shop Digital Tech computer. The bike is still functional just make sure the FOB battery is fresh if you plan to put the bike into security mode.
Does the FOB have a fresh battery now ?
Also check your manual for ECM an TSSM setup procedures.
The rest of the TSSM functions still work. Both FOBs are set with good batteries. Been using the Electrical Diagnostic manual for procedures on setting the PIN.

Turn signals work. I can user the FOB to arm and disarm the security system. All lights respond to various functions as they should. Just starting with step 5 no responses from the TSSM.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts