Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone here going to the Erie HOG Rally? The woman and I are planning to ride up to Scranton then all the way across Rte6 in PA.
Has anyone done this ride? Should I plan one or two days riding to get there? It is almost 400 miles one way. Any thoughts or insight will be appreciated!

·
Registered
751 Posts
I road up rt 15 from Williamsport to rt 6 then over to Erie, PA for Roar on the shore. I left at 9:30 in the morning, and we wheeled in at 8:00 at night. We did stop several times along the way. Keep in mind that rt 6 is for the most part very rural, and there isn't much in the way for hotels.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Rt 6 is a beautiful ride, but as stated, very few hotels. It could be done in one day, just plan accordingly.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Ox Yoke Motel on Rt 6 in Galeton. Good place to drop your kickstand for a night. Biker owned with bar and restaurant.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ox Yoke Motel on Rt 6 in Galeton. Good place to drop your kickstand for a night. Biker owned with bar and restaurant.
Thanks man. I will have to look into that. I want to go all the way in one day, the wife however has other ideas. As of right now her idea of doing the trip in two days is winning LOL

·
Just Riding Around!
122 Posts
You can easily do Rt 6 in one day. I've taken it from Milford all the way to the border. I then continued on to Cleveland for the night. I didn't rush and I didn't try to kill myself. I stopped every hour and a half or so for gas (if needed), bathroom breaks and re-hydration. It is rural but, there are portions where it opens up to four lanes and cruises around towns (Wysox comes to mind) that don't have much to look at.

Overall, it's not a bad road, just not the greatest "scenic highway" all the maps show it to be.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts