1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Retired citizen
24,285 Posts
Saw that on our local news yesterday. Wonder if he lost his overseas financial backing ?

·
2,327 Posts

·
Retired citizen
24,285 Posts
Auction at Buell Racing yesterday. Wonder if Polaris bought lock and stock, that's what was going around. That's 2 strikes, Erik has 1 to go !

·
Administrator
13,275 Posts
I had a '96 S2T for about 5 years. Only thing I ever had to do to it was a shifter pawl replacement. I sold it to BabyHuey on 1130cc.com. I miss it sometimes, fun bike.

I hate to hear it, but Eric will be back.

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The asset auction was originally scheduled for yesterday (7/21), but has been delayed.

·
Retired citizen
24,285 Posts
Flash ... Word has it that Erik Buell is apparently back in the works again with a new independent investor. Tentative location still in East Troy with many original employees.
Gotta wait and see what happens now.

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep, bought by Bruce Belfer. He has posted on several of the Buell forums and seems to be the real deal; a successful businessman, all American and a motorcycle enthusiast.

·
Wayward Son
23,864 Posts
Lets hope he maintains the quality of the original product.
Too many times in situations like this it suffers in the effort to increase the bottom line.

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here's the latest, in a nutshell:
Bruce Belfer could not put together the financing, so it went back to auction last week. A liquidator won the highest bid, but the sale was denied today. The next date to watch is Jan. 14. Mr Belfer is still hopeful.

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
An encouraging article: New owner of Erik Buell Racing says he wants to revive the company

"We will not be manufacturing motorcycles, as Liquid Asset, but we will be working to put together a plan with a team that can be successful in doing that," said Liquid Asset owner Bill Melvin Jr.
"There are no guarantees. A portion of our business is that we are liquidators, but we are also power players in the motorcycle industry," Melvin said.
Founded in 1974, Liquid Asset Partners has worked with motorcycle manufacturers, including Indian Motorcycle Co., before Indian was acquired by Polaris Industries. It liquidated the assets of the Buell factory, in East Troy, when Harley-Davidson Inc. dropped the Buell brand in 2009.

·
Retired citizen
24,285 Posts
Was sold at auction this time and buyer wants Buell back in business if the right business partners can be found.

Reactions: Slandrew

·
Retired citizen
24,285 Posts
The news is Buell is hiring back old employees and they're gonna try to put a 2016 model out yet this year.

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The news is Buell is hiring back old employees and they're gonna try to put a 2016 model out yet this year.
Yeah, I guess the liquidating company is going to try to keep it intact and get it up and running while they look for a buyer. That should be really good news.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Meanwhile the miles go up and up on my Uly. I keep wondering what I'm gonna do if something major cashes in. So far, the local Moco shop and a couple indies are still doing Buell repairs but what will happen if parts aren't available I would rather not find out.

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Meanwhile the miles go up and up on my Uly. I keep wondering what I'm gonna do if something major cashes in. So far, the local Moco shop and a couple indies are still doing Buell repairs but what will happen if parts aren't available I would rather not find out.
Yep, with ASB gone, pickin's are getting mighty thin.

·
Retired citizen
24,285 Posts
#Erik Buell Racing is ceasing production again as of news 1/27/17 ! I think this will be the last we hear of Buell being back in business...

·
Asylum Inmate
12,390 Posts
Talented designer. Crappy business guy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts