Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi. the low rider s 2021runs on euro5. i was told no slip-ons fit the euro 5.
is there a way around that ? what slipones do you guys run?
i dont want to ride a bike that sounds like a sewing machine...lol

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I dont understand this question anymore than the other post you made. What is a euro 5? Other than the obvious one more than a euro 4.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
How would anybody know if you changed them out? I mean, I live in California and NONE of my bikes have ever been CA legal. If nobody inspects your stuff after you get it home, what's stopping you?

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
hi. the low rider s 2021runs on euro5. i was told no slip-ons fit the euro 5.
is there a way around that ? what slipones do you guys run?
i dont want to ride a bike that sounds like a sewing machine...lol
Yadd From Israel
You can change your slip on's just goggle the one's that will fit your Low rider oh and greetings from England

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I dont understand this question anymore than the other post you made. What is a euro 5? Other than the obvious one more than a euro 4.
How would anybody know if you changed them out? I mean, I live in California and NONE of my bikes have ever been CA legal. If nobody inspects your stuff after you get it home, what's stopping you?
it has an o2 censor connected to the slipons and cancelling it turn on a warning light on the bike

·
Retired citizen
24,501 Posts
I agree with yaad. The ECM is programmed to see the O2 sensors and if the new slipon don't have sensors then the EMS is going to be compromised ! A handy mechanic could take aftermarket slipon mufflers and weld O2 bungs in for the oem O2 sensors. It's called "customizing" ! It's also called "illegal" so just don't get caught !

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I agree with yaad. The ECM is programmed to see the O2 sensors and if the new slipon don't have sensors then the EMS is going to be compromised ! A handy mechanic could take aftermarket slipon mufflers and weld O2 bungs in for the oem O2 sensors. It's called "customizing" ! It's also called "illegal" so just don't get caught !
the problem is not the legality the problem is that if your mechanic does this you will lose the warranty on the new bike..

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
If it's not an issue with legality, buy an older Harley so you can make it run, sound, look, smell, and taste like you want it to........

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Got it......... like some of us, there comes a time to decide, "Rebuild" or "Repurchase", lol. Myself, I will probably rebuild my existing bikes Bigger, Better, Stronger, Harder when the time comes. Too much invested in them at this point, both $$$ and emotionally. Next full on purchase will probably be a Trike, when that time comes.......

And by the way....... Welcome from the Central Sierra's!

·
Retired citizen
24,501 Posts
the problem is not the legality the problem is that if your mechanic does this you will lose the warranty on the new bike..
If you would have a warranty issue just reinstall the original mufflers before taking the bike to the dealer.

·
old scoot coot
5,357 Posts
welocme yaad from s.e. kansas. i can feel your pain. i run open exhaust and cans on both my limiteds. they are lead sled touring bikes but i have to have that old school harley sound. then you need tuners but who cares i need my harley sound. i hope you can find a practical solution. it sounds like you may need to run one set of slip on's for you and in case there is a warranty issue put the originals back on before taking it to dealer. enjoy the new scoot. stick around and have some fun.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts