Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had an EV 27 put in this week (99 EVO) and I plan to put on some Vance and Hines and a Kuyakyn air filter (basically a K&N). so.....rejet the CV? whose kit? and what main jet to start with? any help woud be great...thanks. And it's fricking SNOWING yet again here in northern WI :banghead WTF?!?!!?

·
Registered
737 Posts
i used the dynojet kit however i didnt use there spring or there slide, i did change the emulsion tube out, and the needle, id start the needle on middle, 48 pilot and 195 main, this should be a good starting block n check plug color i am however assuming you are taking the backing off of the airfilter cover?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
don't know if it has a backing

·
Registered
737 Posts
the factory intake has a black plastic backing attatched to your round chrome airfilter cover and will run your breather lines into the back of the airfilter...most kit eliminate the plastic backing and some kits will still run the vent lines into the intake others allow you to externaly route them

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have never seen an EVO 1340 need anything over a 45 pilot. Then jump your main two sizer over what is in there now. You should have a 180. Stay away from the thunderslide and dyno jet kits they do nothing but suck your money and your gas. If harley still sold the nokk needle that would be the needle to get.

Go to this web page and read about these kits, or just jet like said and get the cvp needle would be my advice. And get the slide spring your throttle response will come alive!
CV Performance carburetor products for Harley Motorcycles

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
great advise...thanks!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Two weeks ago a local asked me to do his carb. I said no I'm burned out. I went to the stealer today and got their last two stocked NOKK needles. I have three grandsons I'm sure one of them may end up with a carbed TC. If so I'm ready for them.

I went 187 miles today. Stage 4 CNC ported heads crane h-286-2b advanced. Wisco 10:1 pistons. 45 pilot 200 main slide drilled 1/8" 27728-99 CV 44 mm slide spring. I kept it under 60 and got 55.94 mpg. Around 15 miles was at 65 mph. I'm very pleased! And I run 89 octane ethanol.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, I can't wait. I'm a truck driver, loaded today in Russellville, AR with a 13'6" wide piece going to Vincennes, IN tomorrow. Meet the crane at 9am. then off to St. Louis for a part going back to WI. Get my bike out of the shop on thurs!! Cant wait to try it out with the new cam, and a 20k service done. Ordered the kit (CV Performance) from J&P, and I'll put that in next week. then pipes, and air cleaner, and I'm done

·
Registered
123 Posts
Lots of great reviews on their kits!!

My wife and I put on 121.5 miles sunday. 65-68 in a bucking wind! Ethanol still, 48.25 mpg.

Last weekend on a poker run a friend with a dyno tuned stage 1 power commander SE breather RJ mufflers in a 2010 103 ultra staged me then took off blazing. I jumped past him when I hit second hit third looked in my mirror and he was so far back I knew he shut down. when?? He ignored me at the next two stops, at the last stop he said that thing sure runs good. I don't know what a 103 like his is suppose to have for hp and TQ, I don't know what I have either but he wanted no part of me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts