Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
NevRL8
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..especially those of us in so-called "temperate" climates (4 seasons). i usually do every year and this spring, with the last start-up & ride on Dec 26 and spring start yesterday, March 11th, 75 long days.
how about you?

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
This year is about 72 days old. So far, I have ridden 66 of 'em. We've had a couple of snowfalls and some ice. Mine don't sit long.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I can ride year round here but spent few years out of town working in Utah and Wyoming even with heated gear think bike didn't get much use Nov till March some times could get out with dry roads the sand was a pain the don't use salt much in the rural areas so just dirt and slick

·
NevRL8
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
around here it's either snow & ice or salt. if you survive the ride, you've got salt in places you can't get to. always admired riders who could do it.

·
2,327 Posts
Mine got put to bed Oct27th, I'll wake her up May 1st-- like 184 days... How's that for suck.

·
avoider of idiots
6,585 Posts
too.damn.long.

·
Mississippi Cajun
25,045 Posts
Mine's been in the garage all week because it has been raining, but the rain seems to have ended, so I'll be outta here in the morning getting in some riding.

·
Registered
751 Posts
4 1/2 months here. Darn snow hit early and they salt the hell out of the roads. Once that happens I'm done. I did get out yesterday for the first time since the end of October. I could have gotten out a couple times in November but it was archery season, and I had ridden all summer/fall.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
4 1/2 to 5 months every year here in MN. There are days here and there that the temps are OK but the roads loook like the Bonneville salt flats.

·
On the loose
8,724 Posts
I got my last ride in Dec 14 and the 1st ride this year was Mar 12th so 88 days , normally I wouldn't know the days but since I picked up my new bike on 12-13-14 and got my 1st ride in Thurs it was easy to calculate.

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,335 Posts
First ride today. Put her up just after Halloween

I used to ride year round when I lived in Bloomington IN and had the sportster.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts