Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
that probably would have been me.

I have a small long shackle master lock that I use to lock my helmet to my bike. I put the helmet (full face shoei) on the end of the bars and lock through the D rings and the throttle cables.

so, I go to home depot a few weeks ago on the bike, lock the helmet as usual and go on my merry way into the store. After my excursion, I go to get my helmet off and realize that I grabbed my spare keys and there is no key for the master lock on the ring... oh oh... oh shit.

I ended up having to take apart my right hand controls, removing the throttle cables, and taking the helmet off, with lock still attached...

I now keep the shackle closed when not in use... can't put it on if I don't have the key. :)

·
Registered
679 Posts
I'm with them :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Anybody in the home depot parking lot question you as to what you were doing? I think I would have taken my chances riding w/o a helmet if the bike could be driven. A little duct tape (home depot) and you could have secured that helmet anywhere and still be able to go like a bat out of hell.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Anybody in the home depot parking lot question you as to what you were doing? I think I would have taken my chances riding w/o a helmet if the bike could be driven. A little duct tape (home depot) and you could have secured that helmet anywhere and still be able to go like a bat out of hell.
I think I would have spent a few bucks, bought a set of bolt cutters, returned bolt cutters after cutting lock off....and used the refund money to buy a new lock with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts