Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, pop dropped his bike in the drive way while turning around. Today, I made a food run to the kroger store and met with an elderly gentleman with his '82 FL tourer laying on it's side in a parking space. Everyone just standing around looking at the bike on the ground. I backed up to the bike and grabbed the bar and passenger back seat brace and stood the bike back up. Half way up the gent and a lady grabbed onto the bike and assisted. The Gent responded that he had lost his footing when he parked, when asked about injuries he responded just his pride. I told him about Pop dropping his yesterday. He laughed and responded it's hell getting old...

·
Registered
327 Posts
Everyone is dropping their bikes...

Glad my name isn't Everyone!

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
My pop just had a zero speed drop as well negotiating a large speed bump at an angle in a parking lot.............plop. Pride the only thing hurt here too. A good reminder to all of us that just putting your foot down once in a bit of sand or a wet leaf, out of the thousands of times you put your foot down is all it takes to go down. Stay sharp out there! :USA:

·
Registered
74 Posts
been there

yep, been there, etc.:nod

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,188 Posts
A good reminder to all of us that just putting your foot down once in a bit of sand or a wet leaf, out of the thousands of times you put your foot down is all it takes to go down
...and that tip-over in a parking lot is all it takes to put you in the head trauma ward, or the morgue.

You guys who don't wear helmets ... :eek:

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts
...and that tip-over in a parking lot is all it takes to put you in the head trauma ward, or the morgue.

You guys who don't wear helmets ... :eek:
True, but you're such a dad.:D

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,188 Posts
..you're such a dad..
I just don't care that I'm a nuisance,
as much as I care if somebody winds up dain bramaged.

Some of you newer people weren't around for the terrible anguish
when a popular guy that a few people here knew well from the V-Rod forum
died from head injuries, so far as I can tell he was knocked down by a golf cart
at the V-Rod forum's annual run to KC.

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts
I just don't care that I'm a nuisance,
as much as I care if somebody winds up dain bramaged.

Some of you newer people weren't around for the terrible anguish
when a popular guy that a few people here knew well from the V-Rod forum
died from head injuries, so far as I can tell he was knocked down by a golf cart
at the V-Rod forum's annual run to KC.
Nathang I know you care, you're not a nuisance, just kidding a bit that's all. No offence meant.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,188 Posts
None taken...:thumb

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nathang you make a good point, I tell you when Pop went over it scared the crap out of me. I don't even remember putting my jiffy stand down, I just took off to get to him along with my brother inlaw. It's extra scaring when it's someone your close to and their in there 70's.

·
Git 'er done
400 Posts
It's extra scaring when it's someone your close to and their in there 70's.
Glad you Dad is okay.

I can only hope to still be riding when I am in my 70's :)

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
A guy at work mentioned his dad dropped his new ultra twice this month. I thought about this tread, he said he was worried his dad was goin to get hurt. Must be something in the air.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Glad your pop is ok. This will be my first season with an Ultra. Bought it used at the end of last summer. Had a Roadster before but have not been riding for almost 20 years. Unfortunately, I'm not only short , but coming up on 60..Dropping this Ultra is a real possibility for me. I can flat-foot. A wider stance would be better. Alone, I'm pretty comfortable at stops etc...with my wife on the back, far less so. I guess I just have to resign myself to the real likelihood that I will drop it at some point. Hopefully, just wounding my pride.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts