Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I came across a Heritage 1340 from '94, with 10,000 mls. Beautiful, I have no experience with this model/engine; can anyone give me indications on the strengths and weaknesses of this bike? What should I check more carefully? Can it still be used with satisfaction for medium to long journeys? or better to stay away. Any advice will be highly appreciated. Greetings, Lucio.

·
Super Moderator
4,242 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. I would be wary of running ethanol, especially over 10%. the EVO is a great engine. If you are heavy and plan to ride with a passenger you may have power issues on hills. I weighed 225 when i owned an EVO, was fine for me up to 85mph.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I still have and occasionally ride a 95 Roadking, the EVO is a great engine, my only complaint is I wish it had a 6 speed transmission, it is sometimes a little difficult to keep up with some of the newer bikes at times on the highway.

It has plenty of power, and relatively easy to work on. I think you will enjoy it. I bought mine in 95 and outside of standard maintenance, I've had to do nothing to it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts