Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Maddog
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm building an 80CI EVO Fatboy. The owner wants it to "scream".
Pipes, 45mm Mikuni, SE-11 cam & port work.

Should I install a 1.9 intake valve?? The formulas are telling me no
but my instincts say yes. Anyone want to weigh in???

·
nitro freak
1,264 Posts
we do 1.900 in evo`s all the time.if he really wants it scream,and the rest of the build will support it,put in oversize seats and go with 1.940 to 2.0

·
Maddog
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was hoping you would chime in. I'll put 1.9s in it and call it good. Thanks!

The rest of the build is pretty basic, so 1.9s should be plenty with that cam.

·
Registered
737 Posts
post a dyno when its done im curious to know what he pushes out of the 1.9 valve with the se-11 cam...i had that cam in mine prior to my recent build...

·
nitro freak
1,264 Posts
im sure this goes without saying,but theres more to putting in a 1.900 than just putting in a 1.900 valve.the bowl must be opened & recontured to get the benefits of the bigger valve

·
Maddog
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right on. Mondello cutters to the rescue! Works GREAT on T/C heads I'm sure EVOs are
not much different.

I did a set of T/C heads over the weekend and my flowbench won't pull 10" on the intake port
at over .500 lift anymore (that's a very good sign).

·
nitro freak
1,264 Posts
your going to need more than just a seat cutter,goodson makes a tool holder/cutter to open the bowl.heads flowing off the bench is good,as long as the lower lift`s still have good #`s and volocity is good all the way up past actual cam lift

·
Maddog
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
right on

your going to need more than just a seat cutter,goodson makes a tool holder/cutter to open the bowl.heads flowing off the bench is good,as long as the lower lift`s still have good #`s and volocity is good all the way up past actual cam lift
I use those bowl cutters as well. Believe me, my low lift numbers are
equally impressive. (I'd post a graph but I'm not sure how to do that)

·
nitro freak
1,264 Posts
just checking,youde be surprised how many guys just cut the seat wide,and stick a 1.900 valve in,wondering why no difference was felt or recorded

·
Maddog
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lmao

just checking,youde be surprised how many guys just cut the seat wide,and stick a 1.900 valve in,wondering why no difference was felt or recorded
That's funny shit P.D!

I cut the seat and pocket last night and stuck a T/C valve in there. It picked it up quite a bit! Thanks...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts