Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This winter I rebuilt my buddys 80" EVO in his eglide classic. Once it was done we had issues of the starter motor not being able to crank through the compression. After double checking the timing,replaced the battery,and solenoid,and had the starter motor rebuilt it still wouldn't start with confidence. So I ordered him an AllBalls racing 1.4kv starter motor. I installed it Friday night and boy am I impressed! That little starter screams! I strongly suggest if anyone has an EVO with the Hitachi style starter,that seems low on cranking power replace it with one of these. I found one on eBay for 213 bucks. It is the cats meow!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
evohogfarts
1,512 Posts
This winter I rebuilt my buddys 80" EVO in his eglide classic. Once it was done we had issues of the starter motor not being able to crank through the compression. After double checking the timing,replaced the battery,and solenoid,and had the starter motor rebuilt it still wouldn't start with confidence. So I ordered him an AllBalls racing 1.4kv starter motor. I installed it Friday night and boy am I impressed! That little starter screams! I strongly suggest if anyone has an EVO with the Hitachi style starter,that seems low on cranking power replace it with one of these. I found one on eBay for 213 bucks. It is the cats meow!

ya got a link for the starter ?
thanks !

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know how to add a link on the mobile app. But the cheapest I found was on eBay.( Riders needs) was the eBay store. 70 bucks cheaper than the all balls website. Just search allballs 1.4kv starter on eBay.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts