Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 deuce. previous modes include screaming eagle air filter with screaming eagle slip on II's. I have a power commander on it too.

I added an RSD air cleaner with K&N filter and a Vance and Hines RSD 2-1 pipe. I took it to a local dealer to get it put on the dyno.

On the ride home I noticed the engine seems to vibrate much greater than before. It was almost unbearable on the highway.

I called the dealer and they said to bring it back in but most likely it is vibrating more because of the increase in air and gas in the engine.

Are they correct or there something that could have happened to the bike on the dyno?

thanks

·
Official Ass Tweaker
1,804 Posts
most likely it is vibrating more because of the increase in air and gas in the engine.
It's only my humble opinion, but I have never seen or heard of an engine that vibrated a lot more because it was allowed to breathe better.

More likely something like an engine mount worked loose.

Since they asked you take it back, why not do that, and see if the problem "goes away".

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks guys. I am taking it in tomorrow to let them check it. They thought it might be an engine mount that was loose.

thanks,

chris.

·
Official Ass Tweaker
1,804 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts