Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
2015 Heritage
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering doing the stage 1 upgrade on my new Heritage.
My delihma is... what pipes.
I have read the "Exhaust" section and done a search. No easy answers.

I want performance improvement, good Harley sound, and keep fitting with the Heritage look.

I had the V&H Long Staggered on the FatBoy and really liked the way the sound, but they lacked performance. Maybe that was poor tuning. The staggered will exit right under the saddlebags of the Heritage. Not Good.

The longs look really long, but they exit past the bags... Good.

Don't like the 2 into 1 look for the Heritage.

1) Does the length of the pipe effect sound or performance.?
2) Does the size of the exhaust make a difference in performance?
3) Does exhaust under the bags damage the bags?

·
Registered
351 Posts
I have a 2011 Heritage Classic and it has the V&H long shots with the quite baffles. I like the way it sounds and has good power and also have the stage 1. When i put my leg down it hit the stock muffler but now with the V&H that no long happens.

·
2,327 Posts
I have a 2011 Heritage Classic and it has the V&H long shots with the quite baffles. I like the way it sounds and has good power and also have the stage 1. When i put my leg down it hit the stock muffler but now with the V&N that no long happens.
....^... I had the exact set-up loved it

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Rinehart staggered duals. I never had an issue with the bags. The look and sound is just right for my taste. I ran them on the 07 for 4 years, just traded for the 2014 and had the dealer switch them over before it left the lot.

Attachments

·
2015 Heritage
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like the looks of the Rinehart on the Heritage.
Did they help with the torque?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Sorry I can't say, they were on the 07 when I purchased it along with the Screamin Eagle Street performance tuner and I never rode the 2014 without them they were installed before it left the dealer.

·
sober 2 nite
223 Posts
Got Rush slip on's they work for me as I need quiet in the neighbour hood but nice bark down the road

·
2015 Heritage
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had Rush on a 08 Heritage. They sounded great.

I want to replace the muffler too so I can get rid of the catalytic converter.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have Screamin' Eagle slip ons. No problems with the bags.

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,328 Posts
I also had the Rush 2.0 on my Heritage. The dealer had them on before he put the bike on the show room floor. Sounds great, but does not hurt my ears as some after market too loud pipes.

I had straight drag pipes on my sportster which sounded about the same.

The Rush plant is about 10 min from my office. They are good people to do business with.

·
Registered
146 Posts

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts
I have an '05 Heritage with Stage I and V&H Longshots. Runs and sounds like a champ.

·
2015 Heritage
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have decided...I think.

Stage 1 with air, tuner and V&H Longshots, Staggered
SE 255 cams.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've got the Rush slip-ons that came with my 2012 Heritage. I like them but I now have a fuel management issue with backfire when I release the throttle. Guess I need to finish Stage 1 myself. As I bought the bike with them on I can't speak about noticeable torque increase. I can speak of the day when my riding buddy and I was day-drinking and I set off a nearby crotch rockets alarm when I started my Harley up...felt really, really good.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I would go with ceramic coated Rush head pipes and whatever mufflers you choose mine are Rinehart much cooler running sound great.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Real happy with the Screamin' Eagle slip ons. 'Course here in the EPA paradise of California, going with anything that's not street legal is impossible now-no tune shop will touch it and LEOs will be looking for you.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts