Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 Breakout with V&H 2 into 2 big radius, K&N forward facing air breather and a PC5.

I'm contemplating putting cams in it then getting the generic tune from Power Commander.

Any pros/cons? Noticeable difference? Will reliability become an issue?

Has anyone done this? If so what cam did you use and what was the difference? Suggestions on cams?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am doing a T-Man 117 on my Breakout now, but on my 2013 Street Glide I did Arlen ness big sucker, D&D 2:1 exhaust and Dave Mackie 575 cams and love it. Makes 95HP and 105Torque at the wheel.

·
Dirty Member
1,142 Posts
Cams will be the biggest improvement you can do. Hp and Tq will jump up into the real fun factor. Reliability will not change as long as you have someone competent doing the install and get it tuned properly.
There a lot of opinions on cams so it will be hard to just pick one. I have TW555 cams in my bagger. You could use the TW777 cams if you like them. You can go with S&S easy start cams and avoid possibly needing compression releases etc.
Give Scott at Hillside Cycle a PM and ask his opinion. He installs cams all the time and can give you suggestions.
Check out the Woodsd Cams web site. They have lots of dyno sheets with different combinations you can check out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts