Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All ,
I have a question regarding torque loss or gain , I have a 2013 FLSTC and currently have SE non cat slip-ons ('07-'08 models) SE free flow A/C and a V&H FP3 tuner and had stock pipes and it runs great and the low end and mid range is great , oh , by the way the rest of the bike is bone stock , my question is , I am wanting to get a set of V&H Big Sot Long's with the quiet baffle and was wondering if I will lose any bottom and mid range power (torque) with the proper tune from my FP3 , love the sound but not wanting to kill it down low and passing .

Thanks

·
Registered
985 Posts
The stock headpipes have cats in them, if you want it running cooler and get a little kick in performance, get the Vance and Hines performance headpipes. They will help with the full rpm range on power, and help with the sound of the bike.

·
Just Ride
3,749 Posts
Cats were in your old mufflers,sounds like you knew that. Leave the baffle in the longshots and you'll gain performance.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply's , that's correct on the cats are in the stock mufflers and not in the head pipe , please keep the info coming on the BSL's

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice all , I got the V&H big long shots w/quiet baffles installed and tuned with the FP3 and LOVE the sound and performance , it seems to have gained torque from the time you hit the start button all the way to WOT , THANKS for the help !!!!

BB

1 - 5 of 5 Posts