Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2008 Screamin Eagle Road King, I have about 1,000 miles on it. Everything is great but it is "too quiet". I am not looking for obnoxious loud but would like to hear more of a deep throaty sound. Any recommendations for a slip-on muffler that would do the job? I have talked to one individual with the same bike (2007) and he was very happy with Reinharts. I would really appreciate some input on this. Would also appreciate any suggetions on best place to buy as well.

Thanks !!

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Hey PCK,

Welcome to the forum. Reinharts sound nice. V and H also sound good dont forget you will probably need a tuner/fueler too.

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
PCK... Have an '07 SERK here. Went with the Supertrapp SE slip-ons. Rated the highest in Bagger Magazine. Deliciously deep exhaust note. If adding only a slip-on, no need to adjust the FI. If modifying the intake and/or changing the header pipes then adjust the FI. Since the SERK already comes with a freer breathing intake I just placed the slip-ons. H-D headers are already quite efficient for the range most ride in -- the mid-range.

So, very pleased with the SE's. Can get them at any H-D mail order place. Your dealer can also order them. Would get them again without hesitation... sound, appearance, performance, no bluing, etc. but hear good things about the Rineharts and other slip-ons as well. In a way, it comes down to personal taste. Pic of them:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts