Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to change the exhaust and air intake on my 07 1200 sportster. Going to put V&h shortshots with HD screamin eagle air cleaner. Question, V&H wants be to buy a fuel pak kit to adjust air/fuel mix for new air and pipes. Some one else said to disconnect the battery and the bike would then recalibrate itself. Fuel Pack is about 200 so if I don't need it.....Anyone have a clue?

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
That's a good one..... :D :D :D

You need to buy a fuel management system. Air cleaner mods and exhaust mods will not have enough fuel to run correctly without a fuel management unit added to the bike or a reMAP of the ECM with a richer MAP.. (Dealer)

There is no "recalibration" of anything, by simply disconnecting the battery. You don't have to buy a V&H fuel-pak, but you need to add something to get more fuel.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
thanks . Though so V&h is easy to install and lots cheaper than dealer doing anything
Not cheaper, but the V&H fuel pak will give you options and allow you to change things later, if you change pipes, or do other mods, and cut the dealer out of the equasion.:thumb

Check out V&H's website and read about it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts