Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2014 Street Glide. When riding this summer the heat was so bad it actually burnt my calf. Harley will void the warranty if I install aftermarket exhaust system. Is there a cure to reduce the heat?

·
Registered
247 Posts
You may want to introduce yourself in the new to the community section. get rid of the cat to reduce some of the heat....changing exhaust should not void your warranty.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Yes, what the above responses to your post said. And if you ever decide to go to a Stage 1, or maybe 2, do not install the SE 255 cams. They are fire breathers. Ask me how I know. Was worried I burnt the right side boy off completely sitting at a red light one day last summer.

·
Dirty Member
1,142 Posts
Your dealer is full of crap, but then again you will have to deal with him if you have any warrenty problems. Do the stage 1 upgrade, air cleaner, mufflers with either a decatted exhaust or new exhaust with different mufflers. Just have it tuned so it wongt be running too lean and you will eliminate a lot of heat and the bike will run better too. A lot of dealers will do this for you for a price and back the warrenty.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I haven't put but 800 miles on my 2014 and it is my first HD but OMG I hear you about the heat these motors put out. I just put lower leg fairings on this week and I hope this doesn't make it worse. Will have to wait a few more months to ride again , so we shall see.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Decat the header and consider a fuel tuner to richen it up abit, especially if you're gonna get a high flow A/C and more open mufflers now or anytime in the future.

You can pick up someone else's decatted header on Ebay or Craiglist fairly cheap and then save your stock one in case you ever have to go back to that dealer for major service. But like has been said, exhaust changes should not void warranty unless they can prove that was a contributing factor in a major engine failure.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I bought a 2014 Street Glide. When riding this summer the heat was so bad it actually burnt my calf. Harley will void the warranty if I install aftermarket exhaust system. Is there a cure to reduce the heat?
Have you given any thought to venting the exhaust into your garage?

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
1 & done

·
Registered
165 Posts
I added DeCatted ceramic coated Duals and have no heat issues at all . . . ever.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts