Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replacing my Vance&Hines 2into1 exhaust with true duals. I was planning on going with the Rinehart Slimline "True" duals with the 4" rinehart slip on's but after reading some reviews, a couple people said they are not really "true" duals? I dont see how they cant be. Anyway, who makes an actual "true" dual exhaust? I was thinking i should go with the Vance&Hines dresser true duals with some RCX 4" slip on's. Just wondering which company actually makes a "true" dual system.
Thanks,

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
I don't know that I've ever seen an actual definition of what makes up a "true dual."

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NEW 2009-Later Touring Rinehart Xtreme True Duals Chrome w/ CHROME END CAPS 4 Inch Mufflers Dual O2 Ports | Rinehart Racing

Looks a lot like true duals to me.

Feel free to look around, but I have been told more than once that my bike sounds amazing, and even that I have a couple people's favorite sounding bike.

I love my Rineharts.
Yeah, I was at the dealer and we looked up the Slimline true duals..They look good, but a few threads i did find on these pipes stated they were not "true" ....But like you said, they sure look true...Wonder if there is a sound difference between your pipes and the slimlines...Hmmm..

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ended up calling Rinehart, They confirmed, the slimlines are not a true dual. It has an H-pipe. They do however make 2 different types of true duals. The xtreme duals and the classic duals. Very good phone support. Cant wait for my new pipes to arrive :)

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
I don't know that I've ever seen an actual definition of what makes up a "true dual."
They are "true" in that the two exhaust head pipes are completely isolated and independent. That is, there is no crossover pipe or other merging of the two that allows the exhaust pulses to somewhat "balance" before exiting the mufflers.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
I have the V&H Dresser Duals, with the 4" Rineharts, and I love how my bike sounds. The V&H are TRUE duals.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ended up ordering the Rinehart Xtreme True Duals with 4" Mufflers , Chrome with black end caps to match my Denim black paint :) Beyond excited to get them installed

·
Registered
670 Posts
Great choice ArmyGuy....one thing you'll find out about Rinehart is that they stand 100% behind their products! I've had true dual classics on mine since almost the beginning of time....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts