Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Retired firefighter
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a pair of mufflers off ebay (66080-06) they came with the chrome guards (nice shape) both the muff/guards,my question is will the mufflers fit my 96 ultra,as far as the engine performance.i bought them for the guards and thought if the muffs work,great i'd swap them if not oh well.the muffs are nice but on the inlet side there is something right there,are these cat mufflers??
need some advice...thanks

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Is there a letter on the end of the part#? Something like 66080-06A or 66080-06B? Check the part # on the other one as well. They are almost certainly different.

I am not sure, but I believe those are later CVO mufflers. If so, the "06B" does have a cat in the muffler, I believe.

I don't know if they'll mount staight up to your bike or not. I know the mounting geometry is the same on all of the TC baggers, but I don't know about the Evos.

·
Retired firefighter
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you are correct,the other part#65913-06 with no letters on the end of the part #'s....and have cat's in both of them....just wondering if
they will work on a carb'd engine....other wise i'll try to sell them...
don't have much in them,but they are in nice shape...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Removing the cat is no big deal,you can either remove the baffle or go in from the inlet and remove the cat,I've done several sets.

·
Retired firefighter
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Removing the cat is no big deal,you can either remove the baffle or go in from the inlet and remove the cat,I've done several sets.
I've pulled the end cap off and the baffle looks to be welded in (2)
spots,and looking in the inlet,I don't know how to remove it through
there,do i drill the (2) welds out and take the cat out that way,and
can/should i drill holes in the baffle after the cat is removed???

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've pulled the end cap off and the baffle looks to be welded in (2)
spots,and looking in the inlet,I don't know how to remove it through
there,do i drill the (2) welds out and take the cat out that way,and
can/should i drill holes in the baffle after the cat is removed???
Go to Fullsac.com there's a video and other info on how to remove a baffle

·
Retired firefighter
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've watched the video and i don't see the honeycome thing in the
inlet side the muffler that mine have..does anybody know what that is???

·
Retired firefighter
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Up-Date......

Well i swapped the mufflers today,The mufflers in question, i went and watched the fullsac video and took them apart,cut the baffle tube off just ahead of the end cap while leaving the short screen asm intact.the inside of the muffler still has the insulation with the screen holding it to the outer wall of the muffler but otherwise they are hollow.with the end cap on and the outer chrome caps back on they look stock......NOW the suprise:eek i started the bike and WOW
did it run BETTER....more low end power,less time with the enrichment knob,quicker acceleration through the gears,power on demand in any gear,it's like a new bike...i"m speachless:jaw
and i will give thanks to all who have posted on my muffler post,
and the dual exhaust post and the questions i had on the cab adjustment......You Guys Are GREAT!!!!:nod

·
Retired firefighter
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's gone now......:laugh:laugh:laugh never to be seen again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts