Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Done
4,154 Posts
Get to the dealership on a weekend or hit some local events and ask other riders to fire their bike up so you can listen to them to see what appeals to you. I would not punch out the stock exhaust, but, that's just me. There are a pile of choices. May depend on what else you have planned for it. Are you gonna decat the head pipe, any cams, free flow a/c, tuner, how much you want to spend.....?

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,119 Posts
I am a new owner of a bone stock 2012 street glide and have been researching exhaust to give the bike more growl. Am I better to drill out the existing exhaust or install slip ons?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Been there, tried that, save your time. Buckshot has some good advice and a direction to go. Only you are going to be the best judge of what sounds good.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ericj, I just bought a new SGS and put on V&H Twin Slash Cut slip ons. I am very happy with the sound. They are much louder than stock but not obnoxious. They give you just enough sound while in the seat where you can hear them in the background but don't drown out the radio when going down the road. My wife drove behind me in a car the other day and told me they sounded great "off" the bike. The V&H have a nice deep sound and to me sound like a Harley should.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts